Open today: 9:00 AM - 11:30 PM

More Info
from US$821.64
More Info
6,184 results
All reviews gondola ride sky swing great fun chair lift advanced track cable car scenic route jelly beans buffet lunch all ages wine tasting family pass a lot of fun zip lining mountain biking gondala intermediate
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 June 2021

We've been here multiple times over the last 10 years and it's always an enjoyable experience. Last time we did the 3 luge rides and wanted more so this time we picked the 5 luge ride option. The gondola queue this time was quick and we were at the top in no time. . Have to go past the wifes favourite jelly belly place to get some for her and then try drag her out before she wants to buy the whole place.

We did 3 luge rides from both starting points and then went for lunch. After the fourth ride the wife lost her ticket, but the people there were very helpful and let her have the last ride. Whilst we were in the queue my wife saw another lady with her ticket in her back pocket about to fall out and she said to the lady to be careful as she had lost hers. the next thing we know the lady says she doesn't need it and we can have it and two other families did the same at the same time and so we ended up with 6 rides for each of us which was enough.

The middle luge was under construction and looks like it's going to be nice once completed. The amount of helmets lying around was quite frightening (both they they got there and the missing star is cause they don't go around and clean them up).

Barring the queues to go down the luge, the rest of the time was great..
The website was confusing as it says that you have to be over 6 to ride, but they said it's about weight and not age at the top of the luge..

Date of experience: April 2021
1  Thank HypnoWarrior
skylinerotorua, Guest Relations Manager at Skyline Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2021

What a review! Thank you so much. Very informative.
I am so pleased to hear you all had a great time. We can not wait for the construction to be done so we can all have a go on the new track! As for the helmets, we have no control over our what our guests do with their helmets while they are in possession of them (although we do try) but I can say that we do go around throughout the day and collect what we can.
Also, children need to be over the age of 6 and over 110cm high to ride the Luge by themselves. It is about their safely and they need to meet both of those requirements.
ll in all it sounds like you had an amazing visit! We hope you come back soon!

Reviewed 10 May 2021 via mobile

Loved the luge and zip lining! 5 adults loads of fun! Even in the spitting rain we had so much fun and created cool memories

Date of experience: May 2021
skylinerotorua, Guest Relations Manager at Skyline Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2021

The rain just makes the Luge soo much more fun!
Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 2 May 2021 via mobile

So many different kinds of fun to be had here! Even the Jelly Bean shop was a treat. All staff members were friendly and helpful - and seemed to really enjoy interacting with us as tourists. The Sky Swing was a rush of adrenaline at an affordable cost.

The cafe however was very strange, expensive and confusing. So perhaps pack your own lunch.

Date of experience: May 2021
skylinerotorua, Guest Relations Manager at Skyline Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2021

Thank you so much for your review. We have something for everyone here at Skyline.

Reviewed 24 April 2021 via mobile

A highlight of our honeymoon. Spur of the moment my husband and I decided we’d go here for dinner and oh my gosh I’m so glad we did. The trip up was wonderful the dinner choices, jaw dropping. We were both beaming with delight. A real special touch was when the waiter bought over a signed happy honeymoon card and dessert. Very attentive staff, the cocktails were delicious also. Sunket, our waiter was a joy.

skylinerotorua, Guest Relations Manager at Skyline Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2021

We really do love being a part of our guests special occasions! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Reviewed 24 April 2021

Scary but amazing! Okay so my family and I came here for the famous life rides and while they were awesome I thought I’d give people some advice on how to make the absolute most of of your trip!
Things can get pretty pricey so here’s how to make the most out of your trip!
The staff do NOT give your a full safety briefing! They only get you to test if you can stop and start which is not great to be honest but here’s how to run with it. I would advice doing the scenic course first so you can have a test run and get to know how to use the luge carts properly! Our biggest mistake was rushing onto the intermediate course first which left me with a ripped jacket, leggings and many scrapes and scratches after crashing into the side of the course. It may feel like a waste of a ticket but trust me it’s worth the waste! You’ll come off feeling so confident and be able to move up to the intermediate course confidently!
Another thing is to BRING YOUR OWN WATER AND FOOD! The cafe is SO overpriced! $5 for water??! But I did find that the coffees and pies are the best value $4-$6 each! Bringing a lovely picnic to eat on one of the many picnic tables is awesome!
Also! The sky swing is awesome but also felt like a waste of money. We were all so scared that by the time we started to actually enough the ride it had finished. And to be honest the only thing I can remember is the range of swear words that came out my mouth. Oh and also the terrifying ride up to the top of the swing. Other than that I cannot remember what the ride was like! $125 down the drain oops. But after looking back at our video I can now remember the moment I screamed at my Dad to pull the rope... that’s about it. Also DO NOT bring kids under the age of 10 on this. They probably won’t sleep for a few nights.
Other than that it was a fun day but to be honest with you is definitely a once in a lifetime thing if you know what I’m saying. A great day and would recommend but only if your do research or read my lovely review again :)

Have an awesome trip and we all wish you the best!
ps. They have a swear jar at the counter of the sky swing to ensure to your kids that swearing will make you loose your tooth fairy money - eek.

Date of experience: April 2021

What a review! Thank you very much for taking the time to write it. Sounds like you had an amazing time!