Ways to Experience Tamaki Maori Village
from US$848.30
from US$1,367.96
from US$80.51
5,400 results
All reviews bus driver cultural experience new zealand great night kia ora maori village pavlova different aspects hangi feast welcoming ceremony lamb whole evening picked up from our hotel fun evening singing and dancing ask questions great insight
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 May 2020 via mobile

A great place to take your overseas visitors. A great learning experience, well worth the cost.
The “village” is situated in a grove of mature totara and is comprised of several small whare. In front of each whare Maori “villagers” explain and demonstrate with audience participation, a different aspect of Maori culture. Tattoos, games, the haka, etc. A hangi follows a show of singing and dancing.
Do wear warm clothing and comfortable shoes to the evening performances as it’s chilly under the tall trees even in summer. Dress is respectful, presentable casual.

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 12 May 2020

From the time we were collected at our hotel, we enjoyed our whole evening - partly due to our coach driver / guide who was a hoot. Excellent food selection and very interesting tours with the chance to join in (sometimes, whether you want to or not!). Fully recommended.

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 24 April 2020

My wife and I went on the excursion to this attraction and had a fantastic time. They showed us the hangi as well as talking about Maori traditions and explained their life. They put on a fantastic show as well as we enjoyed a great dinner.

Date of experience: March 2020
Reviewed 13 April 2020

Absolutely loved everything about this experience. From the educational aspects learning about the Maori culture and history to the excellent performances and games throughout.

The Maori staff are incredible and the real jewel of this attraction. Our bus driver, Davey, was an absolute star even before we got to the village.

I was lucky enough to be chosen as a 'chief' for the night. Wow. What an experience. The highlight being having the Haka performed by the warriors only a few feet from me, spine tingling and, in a strange way, humbling to accept the peace offering on behalf of my 'tribe' for the night.

After the Haka, the staff become incredibly laid back and hilarious throughout. I cannot recommend this experience highly enough. It is one we will go out of our way to do again if we visit NZ in the future. I still wear the fishhook necklace from the gift shop everyday as a reminder.

Date of experience: November 2019
1  Thank 329garethf
Reviewed 11 April 2020

The service was quite crappy and I wonder what else. Show was terrible and nothing to learn/gain. Rude staff. My group had 4 children, by fast the largest children group consisting smallest kids but we were the last to be invited for dinner. I will refrain from mentioning the distinguishing feature that might have led to a pathetic discriminatory treatment for us. Never again place. Avoid at all costs.

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank dinooks
Tamaki-Maori-Village, Sales Manager at Tamaki Maori Village, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2020

Kia ora, Thank you for leaving your review. We're a little surprised you have rated us so low and did not learn/gain anything from your experience as we're the most award winning cultural experience in New Zealand and well-known for our authenticity. I have shared the comments with our team regarding being last to be invited for dinner with your children, this is something we can definitely be more aware of & improve on in future. Nga mihi nui,