Book In Advance
In high demand - travellers recommend booking ahead!

Ways to Experience Tamaki Maori Village
from US$91.43
from US$112.53
from US$737.78
4,751 results
All reviews bus driver cultural experience new zealand sing song great night kia ora maori village pavlova different aspects hangi feast welcoming ceremony lamb whole evening picked up from our hotel food was amazing fun evening potatoes
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were picked up at the central office and our bus driver was very entertaining. The Maori traditions were well explained and involved a certain amount of participation! The food was cooked in the traditional hangi style. It was served as a buffet and there was certainly plenty of tasty meat and veggies. Our journey back on the bus was even more entertaining with the driver singing and telling jokes. An enjoyable evening

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A nearly perfect evening I thought . Very professional team of entertainers “rather villagers “ and quite a well developed comfortable site giving you great insights of the Maori way of life in a natural habitat . However they crammed too many people in may be in an attempt to cash in on the tourist season . The food was average and my suggestion is to work better on the offerings for vegetarians who while did not go hungry could not relish the food . Also there was only one person to handle the bar which opens only after every one is settled and a dining room show is over which honestly was quite a pain . However a must see on your trip to Roturoa .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Garry and I had the most wonderful evening experience at this event, the staff should be recommended as they were all amazingly awesome, the show and information was excellent and left us knowing more about customs and Maori traditions which was fascinating. THE FOOD WAS SUPERBLY COOKED AND DELICIOUS. THANK YOU FOR A GREAT TIME, CHEERS MARGIE AND GARRY FROM MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA XXOO

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank MargieJ36
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was a first class experience. The staff were professional, talented and informative. The village itself was magical. The food was good. The musical entertainment was wonderful. I am so glad this group of people are keeping their heritage alive and sharing it.

1  Thank BernieK55
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Let’s begin with getting there by the villages bus. Clean, modern, comfortable, picked up directly from our motel. The bus driver Mark! He is his own show on the way to the grounds and back again. He made us laugh on the way in and back so much my ribs were hurting!!

The show was great. The whole experience was spectacular. The food was plentiful. The chicken was white, fell apart, the lamb was also tasty. Plenary of veggies and yummy gravey! More than enough for another plate if you are hungry.

My wife and I enjoyed the whole experience, and would recommend it to anyone. I have a cousin who’s father was full Maori and this experience gave me goose bumps.

Mark the bus driver should start up his own show!

Thanks for the great night!

Darren