Book In Advance
In high demand - travellers recommend booking ahead!

Ways to Experience Tamaki Maori Village
from US$91.43
from US$112.53
from US$737.78
4,751 results
All reviews bus driver cultural experience new zealand sing song great night kia ora maori village pavlova different aspects hangi feast welcoming ceremony lamb whole evening picked up from our hotel food was amazing fun evening potatoes
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Let’s begin with getting there by the villages bus. Clean, modern, comfortable, picked up directly from our motel. The bus driver Mark! He is his own show on the way to the grounds and back again. He made us laugh on the way in and back so much my ribs were hurting!!

The show was great. The whole experience was spectacular. The food was plentiful. The chicken was white, fell apart, the lamb was also tasty. Plenary of veggies and yummy gravey! More than enough for another plate if you are hungry.

My wife and I enjoyed the whole experience, and would recommend it to anyone. I have a cousin who’s father was full Maori and this experience gave me goose bumps.

Mark the bus driver should start up his own show!

Thanks for the great night!

Darren

1  Thank Whsohsman
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great night. It started with a fab coach trip with a hilarious driver. We greeted in a traditional way and then had a Maori demonstration before we were taken into the village. We were then split into groups and saw 4 more demonstrations. We then had a show with the Hukka which was amazing. Then we went into the restaurant for food which was superb. The array of food & quality was really good especially for the amount of people they were catering for. Excellent evening.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this experience. I have been to others in the past and feel a bit fake. This was a genuine look at the history and Maori culture. The guides were wonderful and music blows you away

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank LindaG734
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I agreed later that the visit to the Tamake Maori village was a great event. We were thoroughly entertained, we learned quite a bit about the culture of this interesting group, and we had a fantastic meal at the end of it. Even the bus driver who transported us to the event added to the evenings entertainment and help bond the tour group for the evening. A great choice for the tourist in New Zealand who wants to understand the Maori culture

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After some bad reviews here I was very surprised how awesome and well organized this evening was. We got picked up from our camp side (which was good be because he have a big campervan) to the main office where we got into another bus which drove us then to the village. Our driver was a very funny guy but less is more ;-) for my opinion he talked and entertained a little too much. Although we had a funny time. However even when it's good organized - we were too many people. 4 busses (approx. 140 ppl) are way too much.
The village itself was very nice, the shows were fantastic and the food was very good the souvenir shop was a little sad (I expected more handmade souvenirs - the things in this shop are the commercial ones you can get everywhere in Rotorua)

All in all I can recommand this place. It's worth a visit