1,380 results
All reviews race course race track spa bath mezz bar atrium restaurant buffet breakfast balcony overlooking indoor pool huge room top floor two queen beds school holidays bit dated new zealand racecourse
Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

The faucet handle in the spa room is broken and the food for breakfast was not so good the bacon is almost cranchy too dried and the sausage but the room in fairness is good and the staff are all okay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank rmbautista2004
Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

My wedding was a dream come true. The set up in the conference room was amazing. The restaurant staff were such a huge help. I felt like nothing was to much for them (well that’s the impression I got anyways). I just wanna thank Goku and his team for the amazing work they did with set up and pack down. Nicola & Wahia were amazing to deal with from start to finish.
Everything worked out perfectly. The only downfall was trying to claim my lost property. The night of my wedding we stayed in the suite on the 4th floor. On checkout we had left a few items in the room one of them being my engagement ring that was left in the draw by the bedside table. My tri pillow on the bed also. The housekeeping staff said they found the pillow but when I went to pick it up they had misplaced it again. My engagement ring was taken from the draw and was never found. We were allowed back into the room to look for it, but we couldn’t find it. But just a FYI if staying keep your items safe inside your suitcase or on you at all time. But overall the room was amazing, the staff are amazing and my wedding set up was outstanding. Thank you very much Nicola & Wahia.

F.Y.I the theme was love in autumn. Hence the bright orange colours and leaves on the flood

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

Room was great size, very large compared to others i have stayed in. Gym was out of order. And in room amenities guide they mention a pool, but this was also not available.
Breakfast they mucked up our stay with not being on their breakfast list and then when heading back to room to get the confirmation they found it after 3 attempts even phoning reception. Then it seemed they only had us down for 1 night stay as both of our keys didn't work when returning to the room at the end of the day and they had to re-key them. Bathroom is very tiresome with money needing to be spent on new showerwear and thorough cleaners to do a proper clean as red vanity is white powder coated from water???
So yes, we feel like we've been there - tried that accomo.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MoniqueE530, Executive Assistant Manager at Rydges Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Dear JH

Thank you for your review.

I really do apologise about the breakfast and key mess up, I will follow this up with my team and ensure that they are more vigilant.

All your comments are valid points and I shall bring this up with the management team.

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

When arriving we were told our room wasn’t ready despite two requests before arriving for an early check in and both requests being confirmed. The room we were finalist given was extremely spacious and had good views of the lake. Breakfast was nice despite being interrupted 5 times by a staff member about confusion about payment. The hotel itself needs an upgrade and is very dated.

1  Thank O_Norton

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

Again apologies on the miscommunication from our side regarding the early check in for your arrival.
I will pass your comments onto the team

Reviewed 16 October 2018

I enjoyed my stay here. The bed was really comfortable and I had a great sleep. This could have also been assisted by my four hour soak at the Polynesian Spa! The staff were friendly and helpful and gave me some recommendations in the morning about a good place for breakfast and some advice on local attractions. I found the room pleasant with everything I needed. I got a great deal at only $104 for the night. If I’d paid a higher rate I would have expected a bit more: I agree with some other reviewers that in a way the room was a little tired and in need of a refresh, but this didn’t detract from my enjoyment or comfort considering the price.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
MoniqueE530, Executive Assitant Manager at Rydges Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Dear Tamaki

Thank you for your great review.
I am very happy to hear that you had the most relaxing sleep, our beds are extremely comfortable.

We hope to see you again in the near future