Open today: 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Foris Eco-Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Foris Eco-Tours
from US$245.00
More Info
from US$245.00
More Info
All reviews natural history his passion tongariro national park blue duck new zealand kaka rainforest plants hike conservation takahe knowledge sanctuary flora nz opportunities ducks
Reviewed 29 January 2017

We were 5 women on a full-day bird-watching adventure. Our experience with Tom was exquisite and so much more fabulous than we ever imagined. He is extremely knowledgeable and very accommodating. If I had to do it over again, I would begin my entire visit to New Zealand with a call to Tom first, book everything he offers and take his advice on the rest of the country. We were blown away. Tom has a wonderful sense of humor, is very thoughtful, cares passionately about the environment, and is a dedicated teacher. Trust me: Start your plans with a call to Tom and Foris Eco Tours!

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank Kris K
Reviewed 28 December 2016

Visiting Whirinaki Forest for the first half of the day and ending the day with rafting was a great way to spend the day out in nature and being active.

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank Bennyl3
Reviewed 15 July 2016

The forest was like nothing else I have ever experienced. Truly magnificent and magical. Our guides pointed out some interesting birds that I would never have seen without their help. Lunch was great. The hike was the perfect day out, we returned to our hotel happy, fulfilled and reflecting one one of the best day trips we have done in a long time.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed 3 April 2016

I was traveling solo; and so grateful for the opportunity to join Tom & another couple for an awesome day! Tom's special connection to this area, rooted in his passion for education and engagement in nature -- made for a truly memorable experience. It was a privilege to have Tom as a guide, to share access to this sacrosanct spot (we were the only "tourists" to be found). After our Whirinaki Forest walk & picnic lunch, we went river rafting in the teeming (warm) rain, with walls of towering ancient trees on both sides -- both magical and majestic. Keep up the great work, Tom, on your vision and mission!

Date of experience: January 2016
Reviewed 22 March 2016

Tom Lynch, the owner of Foris Ecotours, provides an abundance of information about New Zealand, the country, the people and the environment. The hike he takes you on in the Whirinaki Forest is through a beautiful forest filled with ferns, and because the forest is not so easy to find, you can rest assured you are not going to see many other people on the trail. I can't imagine you could get a better tour guide than Tom.

Date of experience: February 2016