“Delicious and Great Value”

Ali Baba's Tunisian Takeaways
Ranked #3 of 268 Restaurants in Rotorua
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: Tunisian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Ali Baba's Tunisian Cuisine. Tunisian cuisine is a blend of Mediterranean and desert dweller's culinary traditions. Our food can be quite spicy, however we try to cater to customers tastes. As well as meat meals we also have falafel (vegetarian) as a option for those who desire this. Our menu comprises of Kebabs, Pasta and Rice Meals, Gourmet Pizzas and Kascrutes. All meals come with side salads and you can choose from Lamb Chicken or Falafel. Medium or spicy flavour. Ali Baba's Tunisian Cuisine was established in 2004 and is a family owned and operated business. Our aim is to provide flavoursome meals to our customers in a friendly relaxed environment. Our Prices range from $4.50 up to $18.00. Great prices. We have a range of fresh homemade deserts and biscuits. Our meat and cooking practices are 100% halal.
Reviewed 22 February 2018

We went for lunch. It is primarily takeaway, but has some outside seating. It was quick, delicious, and cheap. Had the Lamb Kascrute and it was fantastic.
Definitely a place to consider if you are in Rotorua.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Had lunch at Alibaba food was yummy their lamb on rice was great n so was their pizza. Good service. Will surely visit again

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

I had a kebab here four years ago. It was really good but I’ve found in more recent visits that if you’re not early enough, most menu options are off. Today was yet another episode of this type. Arriving , still in daylight, at around 8:20pm, we were told the only thing we could order was the falafel. So, disappointed, (but not surprised, having encountered this twice before*) we left.

* a fair question would be, if this had happened to me twice before, and I was keen for an Ali baba kebab, why wouldn’t I go earlier? The answer is, that my visits have been a year apart, and so I don’t know exactly when I’ve been before, BUT, given that it doesn’t get dark until 9pm this time of year and people work their schedules around this, AND given that Ali baba is on the cusp of a bar and restaurant precinct that is seating and serving customers well beyond 9:30, expecting to be able to get a kebab in daylight is not unreasonable! Bummer.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Very good place to eat cheap and fast. The food is very good and the place is nice. We went with my family is friendly.

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

This is the place to eat. Food is delicious. The service is excellent and the price is right. Dont miss this gem!!