All reviews spa bath ceiling fan fenton street housekeeping staff great accommodation short stay no air conditioning road noise dvd player tea coffee would stay here again beds were comfortable thoroughly enjoyed our stay only stayed one night main road close to town hot springs
Reviewed 27 March 2018

It was fine, decent location but need a car to get downtown or to attractions. Bathrooms were pretty dirty but living area was fine. Staff was very nice and knowledgeable! No AC but fans kept the temp very nice.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KateandRichardBoyd, Manager at Tuscany Villas Rotorua - Heritage Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for your review. I apologise for the bathrooms, however you need to open the window in order for the steam to leave the room so the dampness doesnt sit around. Housekeeping is done daily and I am really hoping this has been addressed. Enjoyed having you-Judith

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Great Location. Clean and tidy room. Personally I am not a fan of having a spa tub in the room... but all good... no complaint. It's good to request room at ground level if having issues climbing stairs as there is no elevator. You can park car right in front of your room. Location is excellent... you will find lot of good places to eat. Friendly staff. I will definitely go back again and recommend to my clients, friends and family.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KateandRichardBoyd, Manager at Tuscany Villas Rotorua - Heritage Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Thankyou so much..yes it is so important to request a ground floor if you do not like to walk upstairs with luggage. Really appreciate your review-Thanks so much, look forward to your return-Judith

Reviewed 20 March 2018

This is a tough review to write. The people we encountered in the office were friendly and helpful. Their response to the problem I presented to them was exactly what I wanted and expected and truthfully hoped for. If I would have known the full magnitude of what I was to find before checkout, well, I would have never stayed, irregardless of the fact that our accommodations were booked by a travel agent or not. Some matters are not negotiable.

As previously mentioned, our travel agent made our accommodation arrangements. Prior to our holiday I did go onto trip advisor and also individual motel websites to look for myself. There are always mixed reviews for any property, and most people who write reviews are either really happy or really unhappy, which is why I try and review all the time, because I appreciate when others take the time to tell their stories and share their experiences. But for this one, I say "Buckle up, kiddos, it's going to be a bumpy ride!".

We were booked in for 2 nights. We had just arrived in NZ and made the drive on day 1 of our trip to Rotorua from Auckland. So, tired, tired of driving, and more tired on arrival. Got into our room, (22), and immediately noted that there appeared to be some pizza drippings on the counter, along with crumbs. I usually wash counters and glasses and flatware anyway, so I just went ahead and did that. The bathroom was ... serviceable, I guess and appeared clean... the huge spa tub in the corner was not used so I cannot comment on that. What I can say is that the microwave looks like it has taken quite a beating, and the 2 chairs at the table are disgusting. These are fabric, so why haven't they been cleaned? (see photos). We didn't use them and went about our business.

The first coffee cup I pulled down from the shelf was used. I set that aside and took down 2 more and washed them, along with the pizza-counter and the flatware and glasses for our use. (there were hand and lip prints on one of the glasses...). I am a long way from home, and I am tired. This was the path of least resistance for me, and it just makes me feel better to clean things myself especially after the first thing I see is food on the counter. anyway...

We headed out and on our return for the evening, the place was like a frat house on the balcony. If anyone tries to tell you this is a family motel, they are not telling you the truth. Loud drunk 50-60 somethings all along the balcony until really late...wow. OK, then, folks. Party on, Garth! We had to close the front windows to try and block out noise, and it was warm and humid with no AC in the room....

Next morning, trying to use the hairdryer. It's one of those old inexpensive small attached to the wall affairs. As soon as it gets warm, it cuts off and you need to turn it off and wait for it to cool before resuming drying your hair. Multiple times. Rinse and repeat....your hair will air-dry before you can blow-dry.

I've saved the worst for last. Second morning there...second morning, now,...coffee supplies were being depleted, so I took the holder down from the shelf to see what was left in the holder and omgomgOMG what I find is a sugar-packet sized container of LUBE that is OPEN sitting in with the sugar. I almost screamed. Absolutely disgusting and fortunately we were leaving....I threw everything into the suitcases and told my husband GET ME OUT OF HERE. I dropped the lube into the dirty coffee cup and took them over to the office. To their credit, they were mortified. The housekeeping supervisor was called over, and it is my hope that they have taken some action here....also, I didn't complain about all of the other issues with the room, because I couldn't get any other words out after telling of the sugar-lube thing.....Ugh....

The photos I am attaching will speak for themselves. Again, when I took the dirty cup and other item over to the office, their reaction was exactly what one would hope for in that situation, but being the person who was living in that room it makes me shudder weeks later thinking about it. I think these are really nice people who are trying hard, but if I would have read this type of info before booking in here, well, I just wouldn't have...

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2018

We found the room and motel to be clean and well placed as a stop over in Rotorua or as a base to go exploring.

In our experience the staff were friendly, very helpful and accommodting.

We did not hve any problems

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
KateandRichardBoyd, Manager at Tuscany Villas Rotorua - Heritage Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you for your review-it certainly is a great place for a stop over . Should you ever feel the need to return just call us direct-Judith

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We were looking forward to staying here as their literature is very glossy and talks of luxury accommodation, sadly this is not the case.
Luxury seems to mean a huge spa bath in the bathroom, the rest of the apartment was small dingy and very gloomy, fixtures and fittings were mismatched , bedrooms were small and had absolutely no storage, just a wardrobe with a luggage rack in it, no drawers or cupboards at all, also we had to go outside to connect to the WiFi, inside it was non existent.
This was all a real shame as Rotorua itself was an interesting place to visit, but our time there was spoiled by sub standard accommodation, I honestly couldn’t recommend this place as our experience was so unsatisfactory.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda S
KateandRichardBoyd, Manager at Tuscany Villas Rotorua - Heritage Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Apologies that you felt this way-do wished you had popped over to reception. I am guessing you had booked a spa studio which is just that. A room with a king bed and a spa in a separate room. It is cosy though. If you do ever venture back to Rotorua please come and see me to discuss an upgrade-Judith