Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Venus

A true relaxation with exotic Japanese onsen

Review of Terume Resort
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 May 2021
Very good value of money with newly renovated room. 3 private slots of onsen time for each room is really satisfying. Can choose among outdoor and indoor onsen choices but recommend going for outdoor one with better garden view. Location is good with walking distance to the main street of Rotorua town centre. Recommend to book a Japanese restaurant for dinner to give yourself a full Japanse experience. Great hospitality!!
Date of stay: May 2021
    $93
  • Priceline
2.2 km from Terume Resort
View more hotels in Rotorua
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 January 2021

I was treated like a prisoner. I got watched and monitored from outside room, spa, motel gate. The owner/management asked me: Why you are going out so late? Who's visitor, he's not allow to use the pool? The management monitor how many people are going to stay into your room. The management loved to monitor my parking skill (no nearby off-street parking). The metal entrance gate will be locked in the evening without fire emergency button. Good luck for all of you who are going to stay there in future!

Room tip: More suitable for those straight A's Asian students
Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 22 March 2020 via mobile

The stay was back in Dec. Booked this directly with them, can’t seem to find them through any agents. There’s no proper confirmation or anything so I kept emailing them as I was afraid they would tell me rooms are full when I arrive. There’s just no proper booking system.

The room only does not have air conditioning, only a heater. During summer it can be quite hot, we were literally sweating in the room until at night when it’s slightly cooler. There’s no fan in room unless you request, quite troublesome.

It’s an old building too so walls are thin and no lift which is normal. Luckily my room was newly furnished.

Room comes with 2 queen beds - I specially requested for one they said all rooms comes with 2 beds. For some reason someone left their doors opened but their room only has one bed. Odd? I thought all rooms come with 2 beds?

Did not even bother to go to the hot spring as I felt insulted by the way they repeatedly tell me it’s Japanese way, no clothes bla bla even though I told them I knew what this was. They still kept going on and on about it. To avoid I might as well just don’t go. I’ve been to Japanese onsens umpteenth times and I have already told them I know what it is, but their faces changed and insisted to continue nagging - not sure what previous guests did to you. They gave me the impression as if I will break the rules. I read that they are quite friendly but definitely couldn’t feel the friendliness bit at all. Why? Friendliness doesn’t exist to Asian faces or what? I don’t know but definitely was NOT friendly to us upon check in. I didn’t feel welcomed at all, one night felt too long. Glad we left the next day. Just took it as a place to sleep and get on with life.

Given a choice again, I would definitely not book this place for sure. There’s a chance of missing reservation as there’s no proper booking system and they are not really honest about the room availability. Don’t want the chances of showing up being told that there are no rooms. The only good thing was the refurbished rooms.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 9 August 2019

Our unit was tastefully refurbished, the bathroom was exceptional, being divided into 2 totally private areas by coloured glass. The heating was very good. Everything was clean and neat and tidy. Its a pretty central motel. The Hotelier was very polite and helpful.

Room tip: Ask for one of the refurbished rooms
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 28 May 2019 via mobile

My family stayed at the hotel for two nights. The room we stayed at is very spacious and has a mini kitchen inside. The resort has both an outdoor natural hot springs and an indoor tub. We really enjoyed stargazing while soaking in the outdoor hot springs. Everything is kept very clean, which is very important to us. Emily the owner is super nice and hospitable. She gave us recommendations for local restaurants and souvenirs shops. We definitely recommend this to anyone who plans to stay in town.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2019 via mobile

My wife and I have visited Terume often, and it always feels a bit like coming home. The place isn’t super deluxe (though some rooms have been renovated recently and are a whole level nicer), but it’s friendly and in easy walking distance of the city centre.

Highly recommended.