“Service with a smile”

Price range: US$23 - US$80
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mokoia Restaurant is a definitive fine dining experience featuring creative Pacific Rim cuisine using fresh and flavoursome local ingredients. The restaurant specializes in healthy gourmet cuisine using unique indigenous foods and herbs. Executive Chef Ervin Y Garde has created a menu that he feels embraces the essence of contemporary New Zealand culture. Join us for breakfast, high teas, lunch and dinner, enjoy freshly squeezed beverages from our fresh juice bar and experience first class hospitality in a positively breath-taking lakefront location.
Reviewed 12 June 2017

We were greeted by the lovely Binod when we arrived at the restaurant, and this set the stage for the dinner to follow. He described in detail some of the things on the Menu to enable us to make a wise choice. I chose the twice cooked duck for an entree and my better half chose the scallop and prawn entree. We both enjoyed each morsel. For the main, I had the pork belly and hubby had the lamb shank (which I couldn't get his attention from, as he was relishing every mouthful). My pork belly was a very generous serving and was too much for me, even though it was tasty. We finished off with a creme brûlée for me, and a triple chocolate dessert for hubby. Perfect meal, and a well trained attentive matre de (which seems rare to find sometimes). Thank you we will be back.

WaiOra_Manager, Manager at Mokoia Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Dear princessnona,
Thank you very much for your feedback. I must say that Binod was very delighted to hear back from you. Your comment has been shared with the team and we are all happy to read about your wonderful Mokoia Dining Experience. Thank you for a detailed review. This has made us proud and we will strive to keep improving on what we do best. Thank you once again, we eagerly look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Fabulous meal and service. If you are visiting Rotorua and want a top quality meal you need to visit this restaurant. Very highly recommended.

WaiOra_Manager, Manager at Mokoia Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Dear Food_Lover_Naki_NZ,
Thank you for an awesome feedback with a 5-star rating. WOW! I am very pleased to hear regarding your overall Mokoia Dining experience. Your comment has been shared with the team and we are extremely delighted. It is comments like yours that motivates us even more to do what we already do best. Thank you once again for recommendation. We eagerly look forward to your return.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Love the breakfast here, it's become one of my motives to get up the next morning.
And I have to admit service in this restaurant and this whole hotel is so warm and thoughtful, especially Binod, me and my friend staying here for 2 days, and was taken good care of by him. THANK U.BINOD.
Details speaks, I would recommond Mokoia and the hotel called Waiora without hesitation. Don't miss it if you go travel in Rotorua!

2  Thank Tingting Y
WaiOra_Manager, Manager at Mokoia Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Dear Tingting Y,
Thank you for a 5-star feedback on your overall Mokoia Restaurant dining experience. Our team here at the resort is delighted to hear from you, especially Binod. Your comment has been shared with rest of the team and this has brought a smile. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your breakfast and our service here at the resort. Thank you for the recommendation, we look forward to hosting you soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Typically I don't stay in at a hotel to eat, but I'm certainly glad we did this evening!!!
Summed up in one word OUTSTANDING! The food was mouth-wateringly good, and the care taken in the presentation, had me devouring the food with my eyes, before any morsel had touched my lips.
The Matre d Binod who welcomed us, and explained the menu thorough, was so lovely, he was brilliant he really knew his stuff, and came across as very professional and warm, and along with his Manager Aayush they did this Amazing service around every table, I watched as they charmed all the guests that night with their attentiveness they clearly work well together as everything was seamless.
Thank you to the chefs and the incredible meal my daughter and I enjoyed and to the 2 gentlemen who looked after us both during dining.
I highly recommend this as a must visit ❤️

2  Thank Carleen M

Kiaora Charleen M,
Thank you for an awesome review with a 5-star rating. Awesome! It is always pleasing to read a comment like yours and to host a guest like you. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our food and service. Your comment has been shared with the team and we are delighted. With your words on our mind, we will ensure that we will keep this trend growing and reach the ultimate guest satisfaction. Thank you once again. We look forward to your next visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Wow, amazing service by Aayush and Binod who were very warm and welcoming. Each were very mindful of our table, and were extremely knowledgeable of the menu. The food... Breathtaking. The rewana, seafood chowder and yam ice cream blew me away, so much so that I am already anticipating my next trip!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for an awesome review. It was a pleasure to host you. Me and Binod are very glad to hear from you. It is comments like yours that motivates and encourages us to keep performing and provide our guests with an excellent customer service. Your comment has been shared with the team, we look forward to your next visit. Thank you once again.