“Great fish and chips ”

King Wah Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 62 Restaurants in Paihia
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Seafood
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located in Paihia, King Wah Chinese Seafood Restaurant has been at the forefront of the Paihia dining scene for many years.
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

We came here for takeaway fish and chips, and got quick and friendly service. A cheap meal ($24 for 4 adults), we got 2 servings of chips, a hot dog, 3 spring rolls and a serve of wedges. The spring rolls were home made and you could definitely tell the difference! They were so delicious and had a great flavour, I wish I'd ordered more!

Reviewed 16 March 2017

When I go to a restaurant I expect the people serving me know what I am saying. Several times I tried to explain what I wanted and three people confused it more. In the end I gave up and just got what was from the menu. Whilst waiting I asked the staff what size take away container I was to get and when they showed me I nearly fainted. What they were giving me I would have paid less then $10 elsewhere but they wanted nearly $20. I cancelled the order took my money back and left. I don't like being ripped off.

1  Thank Arthur P
Reviewed 30 January 2017

A sign at the front claimed Largest Oysters in Paihia, but I was sceptical, and the price was on the higher side. However these were indeed the biggest oysters we ate in Bay of Island. One of these babies was equal to a full dozen at Duke of Marlborough.

Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

We brought our day's catch. The chef recommended two styles of cooking (steamed Hong Kong style and deep fried sweet & sour).
Both were well prepared.
The outfit is average, staff attentive and lots of choices on the menue or buffet.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Very nice food with quick service but oh sooo expensive. $72 dollars for 2 dishes boiled rice, 1 beer and a soft drink.