“Amazing!”
Review of Salt Air Tours

Salt Air Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Salt Air's helicopter and fixed wing scenic flights and tours offer you a unique and memorable experience of the Bay of Islands and Northland from the air with spectacular coastline views and island scenery. Our guided tour options and island escapes will also leave you with an appreciation of our beaches, local history, culture and coastal environment that is uniquely Northland.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 25 February 2015 via mobile

My wife and I took the 45 minute helicopter tour where we landed on Motukokako Island, which is island with the "hole in the rock". It was great! The view was awesome and the commentary was informative and interesting. We got out of the helicopter on the hole in the rock island and walked around for a few minutes. We did a helicopter tour of Kauai in Hawaii in November and this was better. I know what you're thinking - it is expensive! I almost didn't do it because of the cost but I must say it was worth it! I'm glad we did it!

2  Thank Mark1124
saltairpaihia, Manager at Salt Air Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2015

How cool that you found our flight better than the one in Hawaii, that's tough competition - brilliant, thanks!

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"sand boarding"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 22 February 2015

We had such a great time! Staff all friendly, personable, & keen to ensure we had a good time. The flights up to an back from Cape Reinga were fab (Daniel was a great pilot) and the land tour with Joyce was fun & delightful. It really was a unique experience & we thoroughly enjoyed it. FAB-U-LOUS! And many happy memories that will stay with us. Thanks to Salt Air!

1  Thank Liz M

It's always wonderful to get such great feedback and we're pleased we could provide something so memorable for you. Appreciate your review :-)

Reviewed 18 February 2015

I took the trip up to Cape Reinga with my wife and daughter on Valentines day.
It was simply fantastic-I can't say enough good things about Daniel and Bruce.
I would highly recommend this trip to anyone.

1  Thank ballarderik

So pleased you enjoyed the tour and scenic flights to Cape Reinga, thanks for sharing your experience. Cheers from the Salt Air team :-)

Reviewed 9 February 2015

My husband and I took the hole in the rock 45min tour and the pilot was extremely informative, we got amazing photos and had the extreme privilege of walking around the "hole in the rock" island which was quite a treat. I highly recommend spending the extra money to take the best trip as it goes by so quickly. The DVD was a bit disappointing as it wasn't any photos of us, they were only printed out and given to us which I didn't find out until I got home so don't waste your time on that (it is filled with photos & promotional videos for salt air).

saltairpaihia, Manager at Salt Air Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2015

Really pleased you enjoyed our flights and thought it was worth the fare, so thanks for the feedback. Sorry you were disappointed your photo wasn't on the CD in the pack as the discs are pre-made - so we always email these to customers on request. Please feel free to email us at: info@saltair.co.nz with your name and date of your flight so we can send you a digital version.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 February 2015 via mobile

We did a Cape Reinga plane tour (half day). Whilst there are cheaper ways to visit the top end of Northland, this was by far the quickest and most impressive. The journey up takes about 45 minutes in a small plane (8 passengers max). Then it's a short drive to the lighthouse where the Tasman and Pacific oceans meet and then to the Te Paki sand dunes where you can try sand surfing. Our pilot, Daniel, was very knowledgeable and actually doubled up as our tour guide, driver, tea maker and sand surf instructor! Highly recommended if you have limited time and fancy an alternative way of viewing the Bay of Islands in a small group setting.

saltairpaihia, Manager at Salt Air Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2015

Fabulous review thank you - great to hear Daniel did such a good job on the flights and tour too!