Review Highlights
The only way to see the Bay of Islands

Best way to see the islands in the bay. Rich met us at the wharf and gave us some warmer tops to... read more

Reviewed 13 March 2022
Shelley M
Albany, New Zealand
Great fun!!! Way to spend an afternoon!!!

Rich was awesome. Great, well-organized and friendly operation with his partner Marnie (and cute... read more

Reviewed 20 February 2022
mafrog
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Paihia
from US$183.66
from US$45.75
from US$104.29
from US$49.20
More Info
All reviews hour tour island cafe fun facts great hour adrenaline rush great guide open water great fun pod of dolphins a lot of fun unique experience awesome trip weather was perfect boat trip beautiful bay of islands urupukapuka island skis
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 November 2015

If you wanna xperince Paihia in a different way Tango jet is a MUST do!

I booked 2 1/2 hours jetski tour and was so lucky enough to get the tour private and i loved it..We manage to see the most amazing islands, racing on water and we even got up close to some dolphins..

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for an amazing day!!

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank KatrineR_12
Reviewed 8 July 2015

My son rode with the instructor and loved every second of it, a highlight at age 10. My seven year old rode with my husband and never stopped smiling, we were a little hesitant as cost is an issue for most people, but it is worth it and then some, the kids haven't stopped telling their friends about their awesome experience and my husband loved the whole experience, I wish I had braved it and done it too.

Date of experience: March 2015
Reviewed 20 May 2015

A group of friends and I planned on seeing the islands via the jet ski tours. However, it was poor weather that day and slightly overcast. The instructors insisted that the weather would be fine and we should continue on with our jet ski. It was absolutely freezing out on the water and we were being thrown around by the waves for over 15 minutes in open water before the guide finally told us it wasn't safe and we should head back. I myself had ventured it wasn't safe the entire time suffering through the horrible ride. We ended up stopping at Russell across the way to warm up with hot chocolates because our lips were purple and we were shaking from the cold.
Can't believe we weren't refunded the money or given some sort of warning for the weather. Not at all worth the $300 or so per jet ski.

Date of experience: March 2015
4  Thank Leah D
Reviewed 7 April 2015

Having been to Paihia many times and doing almost all of the different cruises and tours at least once, the Tango Jetski Tour was one I was yet to encounter. Seems I saved the best for last! My partner and I hired one ski for the 3hr tour to Hole in the Rock. Due to the weather we didn't make it all the way out there which was mildly disappointing but we trusted our guides (Donna) instinct that it would be too rough. Having never ridden a jetski before, we found the instructions at the beginning a little brief; start, go, stop and follow this close was about the extent of it. This said, the jetski's are incredibly easy to operate and by the time you're out of the wharf it's relatively easy get your head around. Donna was very knowledgable about area stopping at various locations around the inner islands and telling us all about them. We also had the delight of seeing some dolphins early on in our tour! This was the best experience I've had on the water and will definitely be doing this again next time I'm back! Thank you!

Date of experience: April 2015
1  Thank Tim C
Reviewed 3 April 2015

We hired 4 skis for 7 of us and had an absolutley amazing time hooning around the most beautiful part of NZ. Dave was a great guide, friendly, informative and very accommodating for those less confident. Awesome idea for a team bonding day. We had them for 2.5 hours which gave everyone a turn to drive and stopped for lunch at Otehei Bay - but you could easily take a picnic. Really wickedly fun day out! Will do it again for sure! Thank you :)

Date of experience: April 2015