“Unbelievable!”
Review of Terra Restaurant

Terra Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 46 Restaurants in Paihia
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Description: A new neighbourhood eatery now open in Paihia. We look forward to sharing our passion for modern dining, global cooking techniques, food sustainability and the unique ingredients of the stunning Far North of New Zealand
Reviewed 12 April 2022

Husband took me here for my 60th birthday as he knows I love 'high end' dining.
I was not disappointed at all but overwhelmed by both the expert service and wonderful degustation. Each dish was presented beautifully and tasted divine! Definitely be back next trip north.

Date of visit: April 2022
Write a reviewReviews (137)

Reviewed 29 March 2022

The menu was very very different. It was artistically presented, and all the food was beautiful to look at and enjoyable to eat. We couldn’t agree on to which was our favourite course, as it was all so perfect. A burst of flavour with every bite. The cocktail too was something new, but lovely to drink.

Date of visit: March 2022
Reviewed 20 March 2022 via mobile

The latest degestation at Terra is a wonderful experience. Our favourite was the fish course, which was masterful in taste and texture. The other favourite was the black sesame seed ice cream. Only one course didn't excite, which was the pear/white choc dessert. Nice enough, but not the flavour hit provided by the other 6 courses. Overall a memorable meal and looking forward to the next menu.

Date of visit: March 2022
Reviewed 19 February 2022 via mobile

Through no fault of Marcus and his team, she who must be obeyed was a bit of color that night, so she really didn’t get to experience the fine food on offer. Marcus has moved to set menu’s offering up fresh produce and his unique style of matching taste with presentation. My only complaint was I thought the dishes in some cases were actually to large (crikey I haven’t said that before). All in all yet another fine food experience from one of NZ’s best chefs.

What was a great gesture was that Marcus cut the bill as Gail could not manage all on offer. I insisted this was not necessary but it happened. This gesture and other personal comments and touches will bring people back time and again.

Date of visit: February 2022
2  Thank Terence W
Reviewed 24 January 2022

My family & I visited Terra on the weekend for a 7 course degustation menu & it was absolutely divine!! Every course was an explosion of flavours! I never had anything like it, it was soo worth the money & an I would totally go again!
Olivia, the restaurant manager had great knowledge of all the wines & she mixed together divine cocktails for us!

Date of visit: January 2022