“Best Place to eat in Paihi, Bay of Islands, New Zealand”
Review of Tipsy Oyster

Tipsy Oyster
Ranked #5 of 52 Restaurants in Paihia
Description: We are recently opened in Paihia, Northland. Tipsy Oyster Tapas & Bar offer oyster locally sourced and deliver fresh daily. Our tapas menu represent Asian, Indian and Middle east cuisine, with vibrant colour and tasty dishes.
Reviewed 18 April 2024

If you are going to Paihia, NZ in Bay of the Islands I would HIGHLY recommend the Tipsy Oyster for a meal..as This Restaurant is opposite the water on the other side of the street. The Owner (or our guy) was Love Gill and he was fantastic. The Restaurant is cozy and comfortable with both inside and outside seating. I am an Oyster lover and I had a dozen of the fresh, shucked oysters....They had many oyster choices to choose from including a "tasting choice of many of the flavors for one price". However, I like my oysters "naked" with just horse radish and lemon. I have eaten oysters at many places around the globe and these were the absolutely best, fresh tasting and delicious oysters that I have ever eaten! My hubby had the Tasty Calamari, and the Tasty Thai Spring Rolls and we shared the Tasty Marsala Loaded Fries. He let me sample his Calamari and they were as wonderful and fresh tasting as my oysters. The Spring Rolls were the best we have ever eaten and the Tasty Marsala Loaded Fries were extraordinary. We shared a bottle of the house Sauvignon Blanc which was also crisp and very delicious. The Staff was wonderful (as was "Love") The restrooms were sparkly clean. The entire meal including the BOTTLE of wine was 135 New Zealand or $79.85 at todays exchange rate. The portions were huge, the food and atmosphere were spectacular and I think this was our best meal so far in our 43 day Australia/New Zealand cruise. So... if you to to Bay of Islands in New Zealand and want a terrific meal then you owe it to yourself to go to the Tipsy Oyster and be sure to say "hello" to Love Gill for me. By the way on our way back to the ship we had someone "run" up to us and we couldn't imagine why until she handed us a brown bag full of our purchases that we had left by our seats when we left the restaurant... As I said super service!

Date of visit: April 2024

Reviewed 17 April 2024 via mobile

Fun place - great drinks, delicious oysters (do be careful of the hot red sauce which comes in a little bottle with an eye dropper. Goat sliders and fried chicken sandwich were all tasty. Came here for a day ashore on Celebrity Edge. Friendly staff and lovely location.

Date of visit: April 2024
Reviewed 20 March 2024

Revisited Tipsy Oyster this year as we enjoyed last year's visit however found this one extremely disappointing.
Same extensive menu however the food we reordered was not the same except for the Jalapeno Poppers the Boa Buns were absolutely horrible being twice if not three time cooked pork with the smallest boa buns I have ever seen in my life they were trying to enhance the buns by dyeing black but they were the hardest non risen buns and one side was even burnt by the reheating. Chicken wings were tasty except these too had been reheated too many times and were extremely dry.
Will we be returning no.

1  Thank Travel48808725096
Reviewed 12 March 2024

It was such a wonderful night out to one of the well known restaurant in paihia, meal was perfect as expected. Great customer service and friendly staff's. Will highly recommend this restaurant 👌

Reviewed 3 March 2024

Eclectic spot with water views. We had oysters and spring rolls which were great. They have a large menu. Sitting is outside. Live music when we were there made it more fun.