All reviews equipped kitchen two bedroom unit easy walking distance great location water pressure two night stay place to stay two nights wharf units motel tidy wifi ferry hosts northland
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Very reasonable accomodation for Paihia and easy walking distance to the township where there plenty of cafes and access to launch trips etc. Units perhaps a little worn but everything is clean and tidy. Certainly the price makes for a more reasonable stay. Staff friendly.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2017

Although we booked a studio we ended up with a two bedroom unit. It was very spacious and comfortable and had excellent kitchen facilities.

The location is very convenient and the hosts are very welcoming.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Rochine, Manager at Aarangi Tui Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Hello,

We are happy to upgrade where possible, especially in the quieter months. Great to hear to enjoyed your stay with us, please come again.

Kind regards,

Rochine

Reviewed 11 April 2017

This motel is located two blocks from the main street and wharf in Paihia, easy walking distance to restaurants, stores (including two grocery stores), and the starting point for many excursions. The motel is basic and shows a little wear, but it is clean, comfortable, and well maintained by friendly and helpful owners. You might want to pay a little extra and request Room 6 that has a separate living area, is disconnected from other rooms, and with easy parking. The motel doesn’t have air conditioning (fan) or central heat (space heater), but this isn’t a major issue given the local year round climate. In a tourist area with relatively high prices, the Aarangi Tui Motel is a real find and worth of consideration, why unnecessarily pay more?

Room Tip: Consider paying a little more for Room 6 with a separate living area.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

I am absolutely appalled, me & my partner were planning a nice weekend away in Paihia my partner contacted this place & spoke with a woman she said she wool call us back in which she did...everything was fine up until she asked for my partners email address which includes the name "dubess" in it which is a family name she saw the name and automatically assumed it said "DOOBIES" referring to a way of smoking illegal drugs, she then began to tell my partner that she didn't want any "doobies" around here & that she thinks we shouldn't be staying there. How rude and how dare you not only is that rude and what I call poor service it is HIGHLY OFFENSIVE!! not happy at all. I hope from this point nobody books with you guys, very disappointed & upset as now we don't even want to go away due to this. Thanks for nothing - One very angry & unsatisfied customer...

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Rochine, Owner at Aarangi Tui Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, however your review is not as the phone conversation happened. We run a family motel, and have one ourselves. Perhaps you should consider changing your email address to avoid further issues.

Rochine

Reviewed 20 January 2017

Peaceful location and a cosy place. Very central, really close to the wharf, restaurants, cafes, shops, you name it. I had a small, but very nice, clean and tidy room with comfortable bed. I enjoyed my stay in Paihia a lot. It was very nice going for walks along the shore!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business