“Thai Green Curry not to miss”

Amazing Thai Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 68 Restaurants in Paihia
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This fabulous restaurant in the Bay of Islands has absolute bay views.We offer great breakfasts, lunch with a choice of Thai or international dishes, and Thai dinners with alternatives for those that don't want Thai in your group. Amazing Thai is fully licenced and can cater for large groups of up to 110 people. The food is very fresh and cooked to order by authentic Thai chefs. . We also have available a limited KIDS ONLY menu for those fussy eaters. Conferencing facilities are available within the restaurant. Join us for your family reunions, birthdays and friend celebrations!
Reviewed 17 October 2016

We ordered delivery and the food showed up and was excellent. However, they were 20min later then the delivery time. Food was good enough that I would definitely go back in the future.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

This place is a bit bland and very bright. Could have done with a bit more decor. Service was average (one of our mains was forgotten and drinks took forever), however staff were pleasant. The food was tasty and generous portions. Was quite expensive I thought but I guess being in a touristy location thats what happens.

AmazingThaiOwner, Owner at Amazing Thai Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2016

Hi NZedder

Thank you for your review. We have noted your comments and made changes to our décor. With regards to the service we are just bringing in new people for the high season so they are still learning the ropes and progressing well. Most Thai restaurants will give you small servings and as you have noted our portions are generous which is reflected in the price. If we did much smaller portions, it may be cheaper, but then we would still get comments, so its a no win situation. Our prices compared to other restaurants in the area are actually cheaper to comparable.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Kind regards

Jo, Ted and the team

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

I ordered takeaways from this place got home to find they had given me the wrong order do I phone to let them know I waited on the line for about 6 mins whilst they discussed it in the background finally they said could I come and collect the correct dish of course I had no choice if I wanted to eat - back I went, they apologised and gave me the correct order which was curry puffs, basil chicken stir fry (originally they gave me prawn) and chicken galangal soup - the curry puffs were very nice and hot as in temperature the rest was tasteless and warm not hot- I had a couple of mouthfuls and then into the bin it went! Stay clear of this place - I wish I had!

Reviewed 1 October 2016

From arrival your are greeted and made very welcome, the staff and service are excellent, they provided champagne glasses for our BYO champers, ice buckets for wine, service plus, the timing of courses was very good, we were a party of 5 with two vegetarians, and a no peanut diet, not a problem. Were ordered the mixed entrée plate, time 2 to try 5 different dishes, then 5 main courses 2 Thai salads, 1 crispy pork, prawn curry, and a noodle veg dish. All looked great and tasted even better. Will be going back.

AmazingThaiOwner, Owner at Amazing Thai Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2016

Hi John13Turangi

Thank you so much for your great review. I am glad the team could make your night memorable. And yes we do cater for those who don't think Thai is for them eg lamb racks, sirloin to mention a couple.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards

Jo, Ted and the team

Reviewed 30 September 2016

Enjoyed a good meal here with our Aussie owner/host. Service was alright but casual which is alright for us but I noticed reactions from other customers.
Food was good but was served on chipped plates, two of the dishes were on chipped plates. We pointed this out and they were apologetic about it.
Delivered a starter we didn't order!
If the staff had some training and the plates were checked I would love this place, cheers guys!

Hi Paul M

Thank you for your feedback. We are in the process of reviewing our crockery and are bringing in new plates. They get quite a workout and we don't always notice in the rush. As for the service, it is usually a high standard, so perhaps we had an off night. Having said that there is always room for improvement and at the moment are looking to step it up a notch. We have just put in a new till system so some glitches were happening that week, which may be why you got an extra starter, which we have now ironed out. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards, Jo, Ted and the team