“Great ambience!”
Review of Zane Grey's

Zane Grey's
Ranked #26 of 68 Restaurants in Paihia
Price range: US$10 - US$26
Description: Join us for a wonderful experience over the water in either "The Aquarium" or on "The Dock". Inside we serve up-market dishes situated in a cozy dining area with great views. Outside we have a big lounge area for you to relax and enjoy you day - completely casual and informal. All our locations can be booked for events as well and we try to cater for every wish that might arise.
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I visited this spot during my Northland trip. I must say, the aquarium was really nice! Was feeling like I was in a mini ‘National Aquarium of NZ, Napier’. I got a table alongside water. The wait stead very polite and had good customer service skills. I had a good time. I visited them on New Year’s eve, so the queue at the bar was obvious. They had some good selection of cocktails. Food was also good and the ambience was great! Would visit this place again in my next trip and would highly recommend! Cheers

Date of visit: December 2018
Michaela-ZaneGreys, General Manager at Zane Grey's, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Fantastic Sachindri! We would be thrilled to see you back! We hope you have a fantastic stay in NZ!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Oysters very fresh, steak was cooked perfectly, carrot and walnut cake delicious, prompt service, highly recommend

Date of visit: January 2019

Fantastic Scott! I'm glad it all was a great experience!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Drinks on the deck followed by dinner in the aquarium, with arguably the best seat in the house, watching the sun go down and the ferries and tour boats come and go.

Date of visit: January 2019

Thanks so much for this review! ~we love it here, too~

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely amazing. I had my wedding reception here a few days ago and not only was the food for me delicious but the staff were helpful and friendly,very nice vibe, and leading upto the day the general manager had great communication with me she made sure mine and my new husbands reception was to our satisfaction. She is a beautiful person and she has a great team. Highly recommend Zane Greys without a doubt.

Thanks Oryn!
It was a pleasure being your host! I hope you had a fantastic day and whenever you like to come back for your anniversary, we're here for you!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

So nice to sit in comfy lounges & be propped up by pillows (& later blankets!) as we ate our nice meal, drank our cocktails & watched the sun go down over this beautiful view from Zane Grey’s.

Situated in a prime spot, right over the water, we had a great view of the Bay & Russell and we enjoyed it all.

Chowder soup with fresh bread, & Fish & Chips were our choices plus cocktails of the day!
All delicious, hot & filling.

Highly recommend this restaurant, a great place to eat & enjoy the scenery in the Bay of Islands at Paihia.

Date of visit: January 2019

Thank you so much Annette!
We're glad you had a great stay and we hope we can welcome you again some time!