Lowest prices for your stay
US$151
Reserve now, pay at stay
TravelocityUS$149
PricelineUS$151
Agoda.comUS$148
All reviews sky tv bed was very comfortable ocean balconies channels
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 January 2021 via mobile

Close to a safe swimming beach . 100 yards to great coffee food and antiques and restaurants. But give the in house restaurant a go. The fish is fresh. service was great and the views will refresh the weariest of souls. lovely comfy beds and aircon. Go for a morning swim to the yellow bouy. Get a coffee from the restaurant. enjoy.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2020 via mobile

Stayed here for one night.
Friendly staff.
Restaurant has some good food. Prices not too bad.
Free wifi.
Not roo far from airport and city central.
Free parking.
Coffee and tea in rooms.
Rooms are big, tidy and clean.
Nice sea view.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank TinVet
Reviewed 14 September 2020 via mobile

I booked one of the function rooms at East pier for my partner’s 40th Birthday party. Dave the Manager helped me arrange everything. He was so helpful, friendly and welcoming. The communication between him and us before the party was great. Excellent at what he does. Thanks Dave.
The night of the party, Cara was working the front desk......... Amazing service! She couldn’t do enough for me. Massive thanks to Cara for her help and advice.
We stayed that night in one of the hotels guest suites. Beautiful room with a huge amount of space. Exceptionally clean with plenty of amenities. The huge balcony was an added bonus for pre party drinks with our guests.
Breakfast the following morning was to great standard. Service was friendly and quick.
Overall, this was one of the best hotel stays we’ve had in a long time. The team at East pier stand as a glowing example of how it should be done. Well done guys, 10 out of 10!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2020

This review is not about the property - it is about the customer experience.

Our reservation for my son and I was at short notice, booked by a friend. In error he booked just for one night - instead of three.

The next morning while attending a breakfast meeting and subsequent meetings, i returned to the motel at 11:20 to be told I was late for check-out - and that 'the room has been sold'.

My teenage son who was in the room and I quickly packed and left - following my explanation that I had mistakenly thought we were booked for three nights.
No effort was made to assist us with alternative accomodation. I paid the bill and left.

Unbeknown to me I had left a pair of expensive orthopedic shoes behind in the room.
Three days later I realised they were missing and retraced my steps back to the motel.
The same receptionist was on duty and on recognising me, said yes there we shoes found in my room that day, and recovered them from the lost and found cupboard. No attempt to contact me by the management that they had found them in the room was made. I had told the receptionist of our plans to stay three more nights in Napier. Thats just either laziness or a management culture issue. Very disappointing either way.

So, heres my observation. I was a visitor from out of town. On check-in, there was no introduction 'welcome to the property' explaining the facilities or services available, the local food and beverage outlets, visitor attractions, walking pathways or just a few key suggestions on what to do. It seemed it was all about filling in the reservation slip and swiping my credit card.

Napier needs visitors to sustain the economy, provide employment and establish a reputation for great attractions and experiences - across all parts of the tourism sector. Everyone needs to be part of the hospitality culture. Especially front line staff.

Would I return to this property - or even more interestingly - would I recommend it to others - or to visit Napier?

Having just returned from 10 days in the South Island and stayed in Queenstown and Tekapo - the comparison was almost exact opposites. One, accomodating, helpful and genuinely welcoming. The other, distant, removed, uncaring and unhelpful.

Customers vote with their feet - and credit cards.

Be careful Napier - the domestic visitor market is yours to be part of. Its time for all your team to step up...!

Room tip: Perhaps look at alternatives with good reviews
Date of stay: July 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2020 via mobile

Weekend trip away stayed at the east pier for two nights with my wife. Large room with bar fridge, coffee and selection of tea coffee. Helpful friendly staff. Clean and tidy. Good value for money, had a nice meal in their restaurant.
We’ll located.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple