Lowest prices for your stay
US$114
Free cancellation until 26/08/22
US$115
Free cancellation until 27/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Destinia.com
US$108
Free cancellation until 27/08/22
Hotels.comUS$115
PricelineUS$114
TravelocityUS$115
All reviews covered pool marine parade across the road great location car parking within walking distance comfortable stay spa bath heat pump stayed nights motel warehouse kitchenette accommodation skate waterfront unit
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 April 2022

The room was clean, but very small, we were led to believe we would be able to make some breakfast, the only facilities available were an electric jug and toaster, not even a coffee plunger, when I asked for a plunger I was told they don't provide them, my question of 'why not' was met with a shrug of shoulders. Certainly not worth the $179 we paid for a night..

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 16 March 2022 via mobile

I rang ahead for closing time of restaurant, as my stay included meals. Unclear communication about closing times and what restaurants were available who could charge (none could deliver) no electric blankets or extra duvets evident in room. Clean rooms, but in my haste I left key in room. Charge of $80 for a security guard to walk from other end of building. Keys are miniature and easy to forget about. Great location, swimming pool "closed for our safety" three stars is generous, two stars more accurate.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2022

We checked in on the 19/01 for a 2 day family holiday . Check in was easy and we had a nice clean room with all the amenities. We liked the spot , the next day housekeeping cleaned our room properly too. The restaurant was good too, but didn’t do breakfast, also couldn’t understand why the pool is closed. Apart from that the stay was good, nice place on marine parade, and behind the hotel there is warehouse and other shopping.

Reviewed 22 January 2022 via mobile

Our family of 4 stayed in 2 rooms for 5 nights.
Good location- easy walking distance to town, cafes and waterfront.
Very helpful with storage of our bikes in their board room as all bike lockers were full.

One very disappointing point was that the covered pool was closed (due to covid) which was the main reason that we chose this place (it was open when we booked).

When I asked why (as according to Covid orange settings - all pools: covered and outside can be used at this level), the reply was that management of this particular motel had decided that for the safety of customers, they would keep it closed- esp as they were not a mandated motel. She explained that extra precautions needed to be put in place.

I queried this, as they asked to see our vaccine passports when we arrived. The person I spoke with said this was because we were from Auckland. I am not sure of the relevance- as the whole of NZ is currently at orange (Northland was still in red at the time of writing). I asked when they would open it—and the reply was that management would re-evaluate.

It seems strange that the covered pool has to be closed, but fine for the restaurant to be open.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2022 via mobile

This hotel has a 4+*** rating on the booking site, but I would hardly give it is 3***. Very basic. Below average restaurant and unimpressed by rooms. The only thing in is favour is proximity to the beach. If you want a break from home and feel special I definitely won’t recommend this place

Room tip: Take note that the pool isn’t available during orange traffic light.
Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple