Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$133
US$126
Agoda.com
US$112
Expedia.comUS$133
PricelineUS$129
eDreamsUS$126
All reviews across the road great location place to stay great shower short drive stayed nights marine parade ahuriri cafes accommodation apartment balcony kitchenette playground ocean waterfront motel
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2021

Room very clean on arrival aside from the couch which was absolutely covered in very visible stains.

The 2 ranchsliders would not lock, and we were forced to sleep in an unsecured room. Only one was fixed the next day however. The tradesman left his card so I left him a message to ask the status of the remaining door and advised reception. Neither of us had slept well due to feeling unsafe.

Within a few minutes the manager stormed up to the room, would not let me speak, and demanded that we leave the hotel, and the balance of our stay would be refunded. When I got upset at this he said he would call the police, and I asked him to please do this. Instead he forced his way into the room and tried to physically drag me out of the room in my nightwear, in front of my child. I had visible bruising the next day from being shoved into the door.

We left the hotel and laid a complaint of assault with police. We located another place to stay, which was fabulous by comparison with Navigate. Having said we would be refunded, this did not happen, and the manager did not reply to emails.

I can see from other reviews since then that this person is still the manager and continues to behave like this unchecked, even after being warned by police, which is quite incredible.

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank smart99chaos
Reviewed 8 August 2021

The service I received by who I believe was the manager, was appalling. tried calling 5 times to check what time they close as it didn’t start on their website or my confirmation, but no one answered. I booked the day of and was travelling up from Wellington, I knew I was going to be late. I was an hour away and they rang me to see if I was still arriving and that reception closes in 30mins, I said I had called 5 times already including emergency number, but no one answered. He just said “oh we’re busy in the restaurant”. When I checked out this morning, it appeared I had been charged twice for the room. I called to question why I’d been charged twice, he hung up on me. I’ve tried calling back again because I was mad by this point but the message service had been switched to their office has closed message. I’m now livid!!!

Im a kiwi living in Aussie and had returned home for the first time since pre-COVID to visit my family, and I’m disappointed that foreigners like this are charged with welcoming visitors to our beautiful country.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank PTM86
Reviewed 17 July 2021

We have always stayed at Navigate for years and had amazing service until trying to book with person at front desk. Recently I went in to see him about his manner and was absolutely abused and screamed at and he is absolutely detremental to the survival of that hotel. He even chased me on to the street telling me to F**k off. He is incredibly disgusting and I would never stay here ever again. I will make it very clear as my life long mission to advise anyone heading to Napier to NEVER STAY AT NAVIGATE. This guy on front desk needs to be dismissed immediately.
Management you need to step up!!!

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank friebee2016
Reviewed 5 July 2021

Did even get to stay here due to car troubles on my way to Napier. I contact the hotel to let them know what had happened. I spoke to a helpful employee in the afternoon and arranged to call them the next day to see if we could arrange to move my visit to another month.
Which as a Rep travelling all around the country sometimes problems arise and when I have contacted other motel and hotel they have helped out where possible.

The I have a very rude phone called from the so called Manger of the Navigate Hotel. He was phoning to see why I have checked in as I told him I had already called the hotel in the afternoon about the issues. He just went straight for the kill!!!

If your not checking in I m cancelling your stay!! There was no help at all. TOTAL LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE . If this is a manager god help his staff and other customers.......

Date of stay: July 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank A1201978
Reviewed 16 June 2021

Booked at this place then got an email asking for cc details or booking will be cancelled. Tried to ring many times then left a message saying I was happy to supply cc details and could they ring me back. Received a phone call from manager saying they were really busy and could not do it at this time. I was dumfounded - why ring me to say that. I asked why and he then told me i was abusing him and he did not want me staying. I was with a friend who heard the conversation both ends and we were both horrified as there was no verbal abuse at all - just the question as to why? Would never stay here even if i was paid to - very poor publuc relations.

Date of stay: June 2021