Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$133
US$133
Agoda.com
US$112
Booking.comUS$126
PricelineUS$129
eDreamsUS$126
All reviews across the road great location place to stay great shower short drive stayed nights marine parade ahuriri cafes accommodation apartment balcony kitchenette playground ocean waterfront motel
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 August 2021

The service I received by who I believe was the manager, was appalling. tried calling 5 times to check what time they close as it didn’t start on their website or my confirmation, but no one answered. I booked the day of and was travelling up from Wellington, I knew I was going to be late. I was an hour away and they rang me to see if I was still arriving and that reception closes in 30mins, I said I had called 5 times already including emergency number, but no one answered. He just said “oh we’re busy in the restaurant”. When I checked out this morning, it appeared I had been charged twice for the room. I called to question why I’d been charged twice, he hung up on me. I’ve tried calling back again because I was mad by this point but the message service had been switched to their office has closed message. I’m now livid!!!

Im a kiwi living in Aussie and had returned home for the first time since pre-COVID to visit my family, and I’m disappointed that foreigners like this are charged with welcoming visitors to our beautiful country.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank PTM86
Reviewed 17 July 2021

We have always stayed at Navigate for years and had amazing service until trying to book with person at front desk. Recently I went in to see him about his manner and was absolutely abused and screamed at and he is absolutely detremental to the survival of that hotel. He even chased me on to the street telling me to F**k off. He is incredibly disgusting and I would never stay here ever again. I will make it very clear as my life long mission to advise anyone heading to Napier to NEVER STAY AT NAVIGATE. This guy on front desk needs to be dismissed immediately.
Management you need to step up!!!

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank friebee2016
Reviewed 5 July 2021

Did even get to stay here due to car troubles on my way to Napier. I contact the hotel to let them know what had happened. I spoke to a helpful employee in the afternoon and arranged to call them the next day to see if we could arrange to move my visit to another month.
Which as a Rep travelling all around the country sometimes problems arise and when I have contacted other motel and hotel they have helped out where possible.

The I have a very rude phone called from the so called Manger of the Navigate Hotel. He was phoning to see why I have checked in as I told him I had already called the hotel in the afternoon about the issues. He just went straight for the kill!!!

If your not checking in I m cancelling your stay!! There was no help at all. TOTAL LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE . If this is a manager god help his staff and other customers.......

Date of stay: July 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank A1201978
Reviewed 16 June 2021

Booked at this place then got an email asking for cc details or booking will be cancelled. Tried to ring many times then left a message saying I was happy to supply cc details and could they ring me back. Received a phone call from manager saying they were really busy and could not do it at this time. I was dumfounded - why ring me to say that. I asked why and he then told me i was abusing him and he did not want me staying. I was with a friend who heard the conversation both ends and we were both horrified as there was no verbal abuse at all - just the question as to why? Would never stay here even if i was paid to - very poor publuc relations.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank KarenJ813
Reviewed 18 May 2021

Terrible hotel, dark damp room and just utterly appalling service - when I spoke with the "manager" in an attempt to resolve he was beyond disinterested, and incredibly rude (seems to be backed up by a number of other reviews) and when I walked off in utter frustration he ran after me, yelling, blockading entrance to my room, terrifying my children demanding we need to leave.

I should have known we'd be in for a struggle when I called and asked about the possibility of a 1 hour early check in and his reply was "room is not ready" without asking the reservation name....

They still have not refunded my room and the manager is engaging in ongoing retaliatory behaviour.

Honestly, don't waste your time staying here, we certainly never will - the hotel next door was overly accommodating.

Room tip: ground floor / Level 1 rooms are very cold, damp and dark. Stay at a different hotel if you'd like a good room.
Date of stay: May 2021