New Zealand Wine Centre - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Fun. And wine.

I spent a really enjoyable afternoon in the wine centre tasting local wines, chatting and enjoying... read more

Reviewed 12 March 2017
KylaLouise
Sydney, Australia
via mobile
Great Wine education

This was a great place to get some information about NZ wine. They have an aroma room with samples... read more

Reviewed 23 November 2016
zzrbell
Brisbane, Australia

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 September 2016

If you're pressed for time but would like to explore a wide range of NZ wines, this is a good place to visit. Familiarise yourself with notes in the 'aroma room' and go on to taste a range of reds or whites whilst watching a video about the wines in the on site cinema. Large selection of local wines for sale.

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

I popped into the NZ Wine Centre to enjoy the delights of the recent Spring Toast and gather up some Hawkes Bay wine treasure to take home. The centre was laid out in a tasting round-robin and I had wonderful parlay with all the stand controllers, who were knowledgeable and helpful. There was one particular lady who measured my palate straight away, she produced several ideas to help me shop for my taste which was lovely. The ladies packaged up my considerable haul quickly and carefully, added a smart last-minute selection to round out my loot and then delivered it for me to my accommodation so I could escape to do more shopping in Napier. Lovely experience and especially enjoyed speaking to a local vintner about his winery and their vintages - lovely afternoon! I will definitely be back.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

After all the hype this was a tremendously underwhelming experience mainly because of the lack of service. We were basically ignored, chose our own wine and left. There was no effort to explain to us about tours or tastings etc. just seemed like a posh bottle shop.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank Wendy D
Reviewed 31 May 2016

My mom, sister, and I decided to do a wine tasting here and loved it. Sam was knowledgeable, friendly, and engaging. She also gave us great tips and information for our travels around New Zealand. She helped us choose our wines to taste and we even sampled one of her favorites. Actually, her favorite chardonnay turned out to be our favorite wine that we tasted there! I usually do not like chardonnay, but this one was not a typical chardonnay at all. It was wonderful! All in all, an enjoyable and memorable experience!

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank Stacy_247
Reviewed 12 May 2016

We stopped here during our tour with the Art Deco Trust. It's set in an old hotel and there are several artifacts from that time as well as the beautiful door and interior designs. We didn't buy wine as it seemed expensive, but that could just be what we looked at. Definitely worth stopping in and checking it out.

Date of experience: April 2016