Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
HinemoaHoney
Rotorua, New Zealand

Clean and tidy

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Jun 2014
Hamilton Garden's Motel is a bit like stepping back to the 70's - but so what! I happen to like old hotels and motels and enjoy the retro feel of years gone by. This motel isn't the flashest in town, but I can't fault it for friendly service and cleanliness. The bed in my unit was the most comfortable bed I have slept in for the a very long time (including my own bed at home). I was by there myself and felt very safe. It was good value for money. I'd stay there again - and would request the same unit so I can sleep in that bed again :)
Date of stay: June 2014
1.4 km from Hamilton Gardens Motel
$197
0.4 km from Hamilton Gardens Motel
Free parking
Health club  fitness center  gym
$143
  • ZenHotels.com
    $123
7.2 km from Hamilton Gardens Motel
View more hotels in Hamilton
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Upon arrival we were spoken to rudely, told that if we had been 5 minutes later we would have been locked out (9:25pm after driving in the dark and rain forn 4 hours). The rooms were appaling, the place hasn't been touched since the 70s by the looks. The room we had booked was not given to us, there was no WiFi even though it was advertised, there was no hair dyer for my wife to use (again advertised). By the next morning we had decided enough was enough and so booked out by 9:00am but still got charged for the following night. If your only other option is to sleep in your car, I reocommend the car!

Room tip: Tip to choose a good room, here's the tip, find another motel.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nigel B
Reviewed 16 January 2010

We have now stayed twice and going there again twice in the next two months. It is a older motel but clean , and the price is right. The owners great and the two little dogs not a promlem.Sharon and family from Whangarei

Date of stay: October 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2009

My friend and I stayed there for the Spring Rose Convention. Although it is an older style motel, we found it very clean, comfortable beds, with the linen changed daily, what more could you want than a comfortable bed, clean linen daily and a nice hot shower. It also obviously being updated. It was handy to our venue. I would stay there again.

Date of stay: November 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2009

A work colleague and I stayed here during the annual Mystery Creek Field Days (120,000 people visit the city at this time). Only accommodation we could get near the city at this time due to a late decision to go. The motel booklet states how the current managers have not had their lease renewed so no more upgrades would be made. Talk about in a time warp - shower from the 70's with a curtain, motel until could sleep four and the bathroom had to be accessed through the bedroom which was hopeless for those sleeping in the lounge area. Heat pump was ineffectual, oven didn't go, batteries in tv remote were flat (not a major, but they shouldn't have been), two yapping dogs in the office area. Can't say one positive thing about the place.

Date of stay: June 2009

Roomy

_

Oldish
Low pressure shower
Extra charges for local calls (not used to this in N America)

Date of stay: February 2008