“Large.”

Speights Ale House
Ranked #39 of 427 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Speights Ale House in Hamilton is perfectly situated between two of Hamiltons great focal points; the Waikato River and Waikato Stadium. It's the ideal place to meet before or after a stadium event, be it rugby or a concert. The bar may be modern but you'll enjoy the rustic decor with schist rock, exposed wooden beams and copper piping creating a true southern ambience. The menu has hearty southern fare and has its own quirky personality - we reckon it's the only menu featuring 'Moa' or 'Arran's Sore Ribs'. All of which tastes even better when accompanied by and award winning Speights ale off the tap.
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Called here Saturday afternoon, several tv screens showing the rugby which we really enjoyed. Not rugby fans at all.
Not much choice in drinks, it's Speights and that's it.
A jug represents the best value.
After a few beers we moved round to the dining area and ordered food. Average wait time, I got the rump steak and garlic mushrooms. Wow.....it was delicious. Absolutely lovely meal.
Tried to get someone's attention to order more drinks, really tough though we finally managed it.
I'd definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 27 October 2018

We decided to eat here on Tuesday night. There was a pub quiz night so the place was busy but not too intrusive. The meals were really lovely and very generous.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Just had dinner here tonight
Will definitely be back
Steak was perfectly cooked
Chicken parsel was delicious
Excellent service
See you again
Compliments to Chef an Staff 2 very happy 1st time customers

Reviewed 7 October 2018

A little disapointed as the staff had to ask the chef if I could have my steak MR ???? then my meal was look warm , microwaved the mash and gravy for me. Then asked for a special coffee and 3 of the staff could not make it I had to tell them how to , and it came out wrong. I own a restaurant and my advise to them is train staff better and a scotch fillet should be cooked to your liking not just MR. Very expensive too not be returning

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Nothing to rave about, but a good variety of food catering to a wide range of tastes. Good value for money with a comfortable pub atmosphere and decor. Plenty of parking so no hassles there. A quick and easy option for a meal out.