“It's quite romantic I thought!”
Review of Portofino

Portofino
Ranked #10 of 426 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2016

We just walked in off the street for dinner. The food was delicious, the service was amazing and the atmosphere was lovely, quite romantic I thought.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

I have been here probably one too many times, but I will keep going back. The food is always amazing, and the service has not let me down once in all my visits. I cannot flaw this restaurant.

Reviewed 19 April 2016

We have eaten here in the past on our last trip to Hamilton and were happy to go again.
The service this time was excellent, even better than the past. Our friendly and competent waitress was spot on and attentive. It was even no problem to take down the recipe for a cocktail that was not listed and have the bar man custom make it for us.

The food uses good quality NZ produce, and the plating is very generous. I highly recommend either of the Veal dishes; particularly the Marsala version. The sauce is rich and decadent. The Veal was juicy and tender. The side vegetables were perfectly just steamed Al dente and the potatoes were soft and soaked up the sauce perfectly.

The fit-out is modern, light and refreshing. It is perfectly located on the main street on a prominent corner offering heated outdoor dining. This was a novelty in Hamilton for mid-April!

Reviewed 28 March 2016

Loved the ambiance in this place - lovely comfy seats, gorgeous lights - greeted by a lovely waitress - nothing was too much trouble straight away we could choose a lovely booth seat for the three of us. The excellent service continued all night - attentive without being intrusive - happy to change menu to suit special needs, very knowledgable on all aspects of the menu - this is rare. Looked after our sons needs. The pizza and pasta where faultless - great coffee and dessert - really happy - I'm sorry I forgot this lovely waitress name - but thankyou you are a real professional! (but you told us you were from Mexico and your husband that worked there was from Italy)

Reviewed 25 March 2016

The calamari was so good all else is forgiven. Tiramasu very average. No Baileys, No Oysters..I wanted a san pelligrino but was offered something else the waiter couldnt even describe, he didnt know what it was but was determined i try it. it was a Tuesday .... in Hamilton..... we enjoyed the seats on the street side and then moved in to lovely booths inside when it got cooler. Meh.