“Formal dining ”

Price range: US$10 - US$33
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2015 via mobile

Very nice place to go for a special meal. Would be great for a romantic dinner, or a special night out with good friends.
The atmosphere is perfect for good conversation over a lengthy meal.
Would love to enjoy another evening there.

Reviewed 12 June 2015 via mobile

Very efficient and tasty steakhouse. Does what a steakhouse should - cook great steaks! Very friendly staff and good wine list

Reviewed 5 June 2015 via mobile

Travelled down from Auckland for a 6pm midweek client dinner at this locally recommended steak house. Whilst driving into the pouring winters rain I thought of my favourite steak houses, Jervois and the Grill and wondered what was ahead.
I can reassure any reader that you won't be disappointed - empty at first the restaurant quickly filled and if you hadn't booked you were turned away. The reason for its popularity was pure and simple, great food and friendly staff. The Southern Fried Chicken was a cheeky starter before the must have signature disk - the 520gm Hereford Prime Rib-eye cooked 18hrs sous vide and served a minimum melt in your mouth medium. All that was needed was the duck fat chunky chips and a great red. A wonderful long black kept me awake on the drive back to Auckland with me trying to remember if I had had a steak this good in Auckland or in fact anywhere else before.

2  Thank Kumeu217
Reviewed 5 June 2015

We were recommended this Restaurant by Clare from Argent, first impressions were lovely, the decor was very smart, I'd love to know the designer, they have done a lovely job. We arrived fairly early in a Tuesday evening, no reservation. 4 young ladies running around getting ready for the evening, they were not very friendly, one in particular was quite cold. The atmosphere was nice but could have been so much better if the staff were friendlier and if they had some back ground music, no music at all through the entire evening. We ordered the Signature dish which was 520 gram rib eye on the bone, it was presented on a round board, looked and tasted fabulous however our plates were stone cold so consequently our meal went cold very quickly which was a shame as it was such a simple thing they could have easily given us hot plates, we had a pleasant evening finishing with cheese and port. It's probably a fabulous restaurant, I think the staff were too young, no people skills, they needed a manager or someone a bit more experienced around to keep an eye on them, if we had had a friendly team it would have made all the difference as the food was fabulous apart from it going cold too quickly.

3  Thank Shelley B
Reviewed 25 May 2015

Went with 9 people for dinner. I had the seafood chowder which was lovely and served in a large bread bowl. Not my best ever seafood dish but that is only to be found in Bluff. I then had the fish which was delicious along with the veges side dish - all in all very nice. I would recommend Bluestone for a meal. The staff - the person who looked after us was extremely nice and helpful.