“Fun times”
Review of Gothenburg

Gothenburg
Ranked #2 of 426 Restaurants in Hamilton
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gothenburg serves a great selection of tapas. We focus on having a relaxed atmosphere combined with excellent service. We have a beautiful view of Waikato River from our dining room and outdoor terrace, and are located just a minutes walk from the main street.
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

A great place for catching up with old friends what more do you want the food drinks surrounding over the river just a nice place overall

Write a ReviewReviews (1,164)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I happened upon Gothenburg when looking for a dinner spot partway between Waitomo Caves and Auckland for my birthday dinner. We wanted to break up the drive and we’re going to just be staying at the airport hotel that night, so wanted something a little more special for dinner before checking in. Gothenburg did not disappoint. In fact, it exceeded expectations.

Delicious plate after delicious plate arrived at our table and we loved all of them. We got the sweet potato gnocchi, mushroom ravioli, sesame tuna, pork and kimchi dumplings, duck wings, and chicken satay. Really every dish was great and we each had our favorites. The duck wings were a big hit across the board, but I also loved the unique flavors in the gnocchi.

Gothenburg is also situated on the water, with trees around with tall glass windows, making it a scenic spot. We ate inside due to rain, but I’m sure it would be pretty to
sit outside on a nice day.

We sort of stumbled upon Gothenburg based on location and existing good reviews, but it stayed our favorite dinner after 16 days of travel! Definitely go!

1  Thank Katlong27
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were given a voucher last xmas for this restaurant and so we went for my partners birthday and it was lovely. I had the steak and my partner had different dishes to share. It was lovely and the hostess was great too. Left a tip for her as she was really good.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went for birthday dinner with my family. Great location overlooking river with friendly staff. I thought food was great quality though highly pretentious. Eye of newt, wing of bat, and that sort of thing. Not a lot of actual food. Great if you like duck livers and squid and that stuff, but not if you actually want to eat normal food. Was starving once I got home. I would not go again. The alchohol was outrageously priced also with some beer on the menu at over $18!!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place is popular, and for good reason. We had to wait half an hour for our table as we were walk-ins (it's easy, just park yourself at the bar and chat). Well worth the wait, all dishes superb. Barman made excellent cocktails and the Irish lass in charge of the joint for the night made sure we were happy. Very, very happy to recommend this to diners from smart-casual, to posher. Probably not a place for kids at night, but may be ok during the day. Overlooks the river, which is nice for for brunch/lunch/afternoon catch-ups with friends... I live within easy driving distance of this place, and if this is the way they do things, after my first visit, I'll become a casual regular for sure.