“dinner out at gothenburg on 29th october”
Review of Gothenburg

Gothenburg
Ranked #2 of 426 Restaurants in Hamilton
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gothenburg serves a great selection of tapas. We focus on having a relaxed atmosphere combined with excellent service. We have a beautiful view of Waikato River from our dining room and outdoor terrace, and are located just a minutes walk from the main street.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were given a voucher last xmas for this restaurant and so we went for my partners birthday and it was lovely. I had the steak and my partner had different dishes to share. It was lovely and the hostess was great too. Left a tip for her as she was really good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,164)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went for birthday dinner with my family. Great location overlooking river with friendly staff. I thought food was great quality though highly pretentious. Eye of newt, wing of bat, and that sort of thing. Not a lot of actual food. Great if you like duck livers and squid and that stuff, but not if you actually want to eat normal food. Was starving once I got home. I would not go again. The alchohol was outrageously priced also with some beer on the menu at over $18!!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place is popular, and for good reason. We had to wait half an hour for our table as we were walk-ins (it's easy, just park yourself at the bar and chat). Well worth the wait, all dishes superb. Barman made excellent cocktails and the Irish lass in charge of the joint for the night made sure we were happy. Very, very happy to recommend this to diners from smart-casual, to posher. Probably not a place for kids at night, but may be ok during the day. Overlooks the river, which is nice for for brunch/lunch/afternoon catch-ups with friends... I live within easy driving distance of this place, and if this is the way they do things, after my first visit, I'll become a casual regular for sure.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a business lunch at what I had considered one of Hamilton's best eateries, but I have to say I was sadly disappointed.

The problem started with a hair being discovered in a croquette. A long, black hair.
A waiter (not the waiter that served us originally) plucked the offending item away, along with the diners knife and fork. She was not exactly fulsome in her apology, and seemed, well - put out by the request. She also did not bother replacing the cutlery or plate, so we had to request replacements. These were supplied by our original waiter, who was much more apologetic and also supplied a replacement plate of croquettes.

After this, it seemed that we were persona non gratae, as apart from our plates and cutlery being cleared we seemed to have become impervious to service. No further drink orders were taken (an hour and a half with one lite beer, ick) and eventually we had to get someone's attention to order coffee.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great food, wine, atmosphere and service combined to help us farewell one of our valuable team. It was so good, we didn't go back to work!