Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Thu, 7 Mar
Priceline
Fully refundable before Thu, 7 Mar
No prepayment needed
Fully refundable before Fri, 8 Mar
No prepayment needed
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews motor lodge comfy bed the main road herons lynn units motel host
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 November 2022

Lovely motel unit which was spotless and clean. Great cooking facilities and comfy bed. Lovely staff at reception. Would recommend to people. Handy to shops and restaurants if you want to eat out.

Date of stay: October 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2022

We spent three nights in Gisborne in late April (to watch the rocket launch at Mahia but that’s another story). I chose White Heron Motor Lodge after looking at the reviews here.

I phoned and the booking process was very simple. Very friendly and helpful service from Cheryl Lynn. We got a discount for booking directly by phone, thank you.

We arrived around 3pm and checked in. It’s very easy to find on the main road in from the Waioeka Gorge/SH2 road.

It’s a very nice motel. Good parking right outside the room, and all rooms are ground floor.

We were in Unit 23, a studio. It was spacious and had a King sized bed (we sleep in a King at home and don’t like anything smaller as we’re used to having the space). The unit was very clean and modern. A spacious bathroom as well.

On our first night there wasn’t a lot of wind but early evening it was gusty enough to somehow blow down some of the wooden and corrugated iron fence outside our bathroom window. It was making quite a noise flopping around in the wind so we rang the office, and in very short order Huey/Hughie was out there with his tools and took the damaged part of the fence away so that it was nice and quiet again. Many thanks for sorting this out for us so quickly and efficiently.

Any gripes? None of any note. There is, as others have noted, no towel rail in the bathroom. However the towels are in the cupboard under the handbasin, and who of us reuses their towels? To be honest, I never do, I like to have a nice clean fluffy towel each day so it’s not a biggie to not have a towel rail.

There is no phone in the room but to be honest, how many people use a phone? I do occasionally but I can just as easily use my mobile. I guess if you don’t have a mobile it might be an issue but the offer is there in the room compendium to contact the office if you need a phone. I imagine it’s quite expensive to have phones and landlines in each room, so I’m quite happy to lower the cost for the motel owner/manager by using my mobile if/when needed.

We would definitely stay here next time we’re in Gisborne. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 21 December 2021

What a wonderful clean up to date motel run by awesome proprieters Truly a credit to Cherry Lynne and her husband..As a frequent traveller I class this Motel as one of the best and would recommend it to anyone without hesitation.Thankyou for the enjoyable stay

Wiremu and Fleur

Date of stay: December 2021
Reviewed 2 December 2021 via mobile

I would give this motel more than 5 stars if I could! We stayed here a few years ago and were obvioulsy impressed enough to return, but since then it has been completely renovated and really is excellent. Our unit was very spacious and confortable and the hosts were extremely obliging and helpful.

Date of stay: November 2021
Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

What started of as only 2nights ended being 3,. What a lovely clean tidy well kept place to stay. The staff are lovely and very helpful. The unit had everything we needed (even a coffee maker) was warmed via heatpump and morning sun. Plenty of parking. The bed was comfy. Close to town only a minute or two yet far enough away. Will be our choice if accommodation again when we return to Gisborne.

Date of stay: August 2021