“Fabulous New Menu”

Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: Seafood, Fusion
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Great Service, fresh funky food, relaxed atmosphere, beachfront dining at its best!
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Took mother & sisters to lunch. Really enjoyed the new menu, the service was also excellent as was the stunning view. Thoroughly recommend this restaurant. Also have options for Coeliacs.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

Since my last review I have been back twice with friends and I have to say the Managers have taken note and improved the service level to GREAT! As I previously stated, the food and views are amazing so added to this the level of service now makes this an absolute must for breakfast, brunch or lunch! Fabulous and well done to all the staff who have made this a great Gizzy eatery!

Reviewed 3 July 2016

Good food, great service and an amazing view out over the waves definetly worth checking out if in Gisborne.

1  Thank kathrynj106
Reviewed 17 June 2016

My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary on Friday June 3 and we are glad we chose Peppers. Atmosphere was good and the lady who greeted us set things up with a warm smile (and they had "RADLER" on tap yum yum yum). Our young waitress, (Suraya) made us feel comfortable as she explained about the various menu items. Food was presented stylishly and tasted as good as it looked. my venison was cooked to a T. Suraya dropped by occasionally offering us little samples of food bits. What also impressed us was when I dropped my unused knife from the table, and after I retrieved it another waiter (Alex) hurried over to replace it with a clean one

Reviewed 8 June 2016

I was there with two friends on Sunday 5 June 2016. Great food and we all had different meals and were very happy. However, we all ordered coffee, tea and a hot chocolate which didn't arrive till a good 10 minutes after we finished eating.... hmmmph. We did ask how long for our hot drinks before food arrived but were told the barrista was particularly busy, even tho the restaurant didn't look particularly busy - just the usual locals having brunch/lunch on a sunny Sunday. There was a situation at another table who had obviously complained about slow service.
So overall - great food, prices average but the service needs to be worked on. Oh - and it's its nice and spacious and has good views across the beach - menu pretty varied too.

BridgetFrench, Owner at Peppers Beachfront Bar and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2016

Hi Wendy, thanks heaps for your honest review and im sorry your Peppers experience was not great. Our fabulous Barrista was unfortunately called away that day and we had to ask one of the head waiters to step in, although he makes great coffee he struggles to get large amounts out at once hence the wait that day. We have had a team chat about how we can prevent this happening in the future and a full training with a second barrista has taken place. I really hope we see you again!
Cheers