All reviews ahi great location spa bath bathroom motel units
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

A beautiful place to be when you need some time to think and heal. Thank you so very much for your hospitality. And to your little cat such a comfort. Our room had everything we needed. Clean and private and the staff were so awesome and polite. Will definatly be back for a visit again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DeirdreW131
mangatu, Owner at Ahi Kaa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Kia ora Deirdre and thank you very much for sharing your experience at Accommodation Ahi Kaa here in Gisborne. We are really pleased you were able to replenish your life force, your wairua, with us. I think animals are wonderful companions, are tolerant, non judgmental and patient thereby having this great ability to heal. Without doubt I think our cleaning staff do a fantastic job so thank you for taking the time to appreciate and acknowledge their work. We look forward to seeing you again and wish you all the best.

Katie and Les

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Wasn’t sure what to expect when pulling up here but the room was lovely with everything you could need for a short stay. The bathroom was large, well equipped and clean.

The motel is about 20-30 minute walk to the centre but you can walk along the beachfront walkway which is a lovely way to see the coastline.

We’d booked through booking.com and it wasn’t clear if we’d paid or not but the owner was able to sort this whilst we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simon81W
Reviewed 30 November 2017

What a great motel-lovely, friendly staff, very clean and comfortable. Enjoyed my little sun bathing area out the back and the resident cat. Handy to the beach and easy stroll down boardwalk to town, cafe etc

Room Tip: Ask for a room with access to the back yard
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank NicholaH181
Reviewed 22 November 2017

On the morning of the 17th November I made a reservation at this hotel on their web site and received an online booking confirmation virtually immediately. It was to be our final stop of our North Island tour. Later that same day I received a phone call from the hotel to say they were cancelling my booking. This came as a bit of a shock as I had already had the confirmation to hand. I wrote to the hotel info expressing my disappointment and asking for written confirmation that no charges had or would be made on my credit card. A week later I am still waiting for this confirmation. Do they care about their clients? NO! Not if they do this to people who have confirmed bookings.

Room Tip: Choose a hotel which honours it's booking.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
mangatu, Owner at Ahi Kaa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Kia ora Paul - we are really sorry for what happened to you during your booking experience with us. I apologized several times when we realized what had happened and offered to find you a room in another motel which we did. Our booking system is pretty good and works 100% of the time but sometimes it will fail. Unfortunately it failed when you made a booking at the same time someone else booked thereby sending your booking to an unallocated file. This means you were not allocated a room even though a confirmation email had been sent to you. I phoned you straight away to let you know about the error and apologized profusely then. All I can do is apologise again, "We are very sorry"

Katie and Les

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Second time I have stayed here. I noticed this time the extensive refurbishments and additions to the property since my last stay, units are tastefully decorated, comfortable beds and good shower. Really friendly hosts who go the extra mile for you. Looking forward to returning at some stage in the future

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo