All reviews home away from home place to stay cooked breakfast for dinner one night fantastic hosts talented chef in easy walking distance lovely house new zealand kiwi hospitality the kitchen barry accommodation
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We “accidentally” found the B&B on the internet and booked it, without expecting too much. We got very positively surprised about everything! Barry and his wife are lovely and very warm hosts with plenty of recommendations. They tried everything to make our stay as pleasant and amazing as possible.
The freshly prepared breakfast was just outstanding and we couldn’t imagine a better place to stay in Gisborne.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kaikrotki
Reviewed 5 October 2017

The Surf City Lodge and Barry are like a visit in paradise! I've never experienced such a nice,friendly and welcoming place before!The house is an amazing place! Barry surprised me with an Dinner on my arrival day,you can't find in the best restaurant's-YUMMIE !his breakfast is just exceptional good I can highly recommend the Surf City Lodge if you're travelling to Gisborne and the next time I'll visit Gisborne again,Barry will be my first choice! Keep on doing so Barry-places like yours are not for granted

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank PippaQ2017
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights and received massive breakfasts (also cereals, yoghurt, coffee/tea) every morning which can last you the whole day! Also received a t-shirt as souvenir. Barry is a warm host who likes to share his experiences with his guests. The house is clean and comfortable during my stay and is only 5min walk away from the city. Would definitely recommend this to others!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2017

Stayed with a friend for 2 nights for a fishing trip. Barry greeted us with a beer on our arrival and made us feel at home immediately. The rooms are well appointed and the beds and linen of the highest quality. Breakfast was amazing both days with Barry out if bed at 5 so we could leave at 6. Day 2 Barry cooked us a beauty fish breakfast with some we had caught in a Caper and cream sauce. Awesome. I would highly recommend this BnB to all and will be back to stay anytime in Gisborne.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank markdQ3418EL
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful hosts. Got a lot of hints and advices about the country. Had a huge and very well dinner for free and also the breakfast is amazing . Can definetly recommend this place. Shower and toilets are very clean and you have a comfortable private room with TV and free Wifi.

Date of stay: April 2017