“Awesome”

Oyster & Chop
Reserve a table
Ranked #52 of 1,982 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Reviewed 23 October 2020

We went to celebrate my partners birthday and were keen on the Oysters, and what a treat it was perfectly presented we also had crayfish which again was fantastic!
Brilliant service and reasonable prices considering we were going "all out".
A great night out !!
thanks Kindly
Bret Glazer

Date of visit: October 2020
Review collected in partnership with www.restauranthub.co.nz

Reviewed 12 October 2020 via mobile

Whenever we visit Auckland we try and make the Oyster Happy Hour part of our visit. $2 an oyster! Great service and in the heart of the Viaduct with all the beautiful boats and the water and atmosphere. Hard to beat.

Reviewed 4 October 2020 via mobile

First visit at the beginning of Sept was absolutely amazing, food was on point.
We had the Oyster Rockefeller and T-Bone both were cooked to perfection, our waitress was busy but had all her tables under control.
Second visit early Oct not so good, not to judge as everyone has a bad day, but our waitress this time couldn't keep up with the tables, im sure she was making her own drink orders, maybe thats how it works at the O&C. We had another waiter come and take our order, we ordered oysters, surf n turf and tuna with 2 sides mash and spinach. The oyster came out and were fine, very tasty, mains came out 20mins later with no sides and no steak knife. We waited awhile but waitress/ waiter hadn't come back so I went and asked for a steak knife and our missing sides. We were delivered a knife but told there was a mix up with the sides. I could keep bleating on about this visit but the maitre 'd came to the party and compd some of the ticket.
Just feel the second visit the staff let the O&C down.

2  Thank kiwiinus1
Reviewed 3 October 2020 via mobile

The most disgusting service, the lamb was off, the manager didn't care, after spending thousands and thousands in this restaurant for the manager to say "I don't care" is disgraceful. I surprised he's employable

2  Thank Zeus260300
Reviewed 30 September 2020 via mobile

as a follow up to a previous review submitted by Molly21, I was also disappointed at the food we received to the other members of our party of 8. I would like to add that I ordered 1/2 dozen Clevedon Coast Oysters that I like and received Waiheke Island Oysters instead and I also ordered a Cream Spinach side dish which never came with my order of Chatham Island Blue Cod. Two of us ordered the Blue Cod which was wonderful and possible the only best dishes served. One guest order the Chowder which was to runny and very hot like it had been heated up in a microwave. Two of the other guest ordered half a crayfish each and were very disappointed. They were very small and dry and tasted like pre frozen crayfish. I don't think they were worth $65 each. As for the steaks that were ordered by 3 guests that's self explanatory as explained in Molly's review. It's a shame that the food was not up to the standards of the Oyster and Chop. I read so many good reviews but lunch was not up to our expectations and standards.
PS, I made a dinner reservation for 8 of us on the 30.7.2020 at 1.29pm for the 22.8.2020, my birthday celebration with the reference 4238WS. Unfortunately Covid19 happened and had to cancel. One main reason why Molly booked lunch was because we wanted so much try the Oyster and Chop because it looked so inviting.

Date of visit: September 2020