“Disappointing.....”

Add it.
The Yellow Chilli
Ranked #1,907 of 2,460 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Reviewed 25 June 2016

We have always considered The Yellow Chilli restaurant to be of a high standard and it was always our first choice for indian takeaways. However the last time we ordered takeaways, the lady taking our order would not include the free naan with our curries. The frustrating thing about this was that I was looking at their website as I was ordering which stated in 'black and white' that each takeaway curry came with a free naan of my choice. When I asked to speak to the manager, she hung up on me. I was wanting to order not one, but five curries. I emailed the owner about this, who told me he had sold the business a few months prior. Very disappointing experience, and we will not be returning.

1  Thank AdeleAndrew

Reviewed 19 February 2016

We were on a group tour of 28 people under Thomas Cook. We stayed in
Newzealand for 9 nights and had food at about 18 indian restaurants and undoubtedly this was the best food at Yellow Chili restaurant in Auckland. We had tried Paneer tikka, Hara kabab as starters,veg biryani, chana masala, mix veg and butter paneer in main meal and all the items were excellent. As far as food is concerned, I am willing to rate it at 6* against the max rating of 5*.

Reviewed 21 January 2016

Called in with grandson to order take out. Very helpful service and wide choice of dishes including child size portions if wanted. Home delivery was offered as we were not far away and it would save us waiting. Hadn't thought of that so it was very much appreciated. Food arrived at home in due course and it was hot and excellent. Will use them again. Can order on menu log if feeling particularly idle.

Reviewed 2 January 2016

I went down that restaurant for dinner and bar tender severed a beverage,which he put tomato catch up instead of tomato juice and manager was arguing with me saying that tomato catch up and tomato juice is same. manager said that i choose there online promotional voucher to came there for dinner. they put that promotion on grab one for promote there restaurant. honestly i will not go there and will say to my other friends to.

Reviewed 21 July 2015

Went for family dinner to celebrate birthday. Really good vibe and staff are more than willing to help, did get our order wrong for drinks but prompt at correcting. Food was great. Even though the menu selection is limited but they are great at whatever cruise is listed. The restaurant even has a kids menu which is enough to fill an adults belly. Will go back again. Must try their motia Chicken probably the best in town