“Great experience”
Review of Scenic Wine Tours - CLOSED

Scenic Wine Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A journey to Auckland's best wine and scenic destinations. With wine tours departing from your Auckland accommodation, we make it easy for wine lovers visiting the area to add a trip to our local wineries to your itinerary. Authentic, relaxed and exceptional - All you need is a good guide and a willing palate! Visit us online and book today
Reviewed 5 January 2016

Did the full Matakana trim. Even though rain was on the forecast, the tour experience was well balanced with scenic views, a variety of unique vinyards, and a friendly conversation with the guide. Exciting and relaxing adventure. Highly recommend it for...

SWTMike, Public Relations Manager at Scenic Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2016

Thanks for taking the time to write your review Niko. We're glad you had a good time, despite the weather! :-)

Reviewed 9 December 2015

I am torn in writing this review because I really did have an enjoyable time on this tour. My partner & I did the half day Kumeu Wine & Brewery Tour for $129. It was just us and another couple, which was lovely to have such a small group.
While the wineries & brewery were lovely, I'm just not sure where my money went to?
Coopers creek winery offer tastings for free as I'm sure the other winery would too. Granted the brewery tasting plate would have cost, but no more than $25 I would imagine. We had to purchase our own food so it ended up being an expensive half day.
I'd suggest that maybe including a main meal at the brewery in the price would make it much more worth the money.
Driver was very knowledgable and a very nice man.

1  Thank Ozi_Jess
SWTMike, Owner at Scenic Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2015

Thanks for the review Ozi_jess. We appreciate your feedback, and we're glad you had an enjoyable time out with us. We would like to kindly reply to some of the points you raised:

1. All Wine tastings included in our tours are not free of charge. They are paid by us as part of the tour package. There may be some wineries that offer free tastings for public walk-up guests, but all wineries charge tour operators like us.

2. We closely monitor the market and believe our prices are comparable and often slightly lower than other operators offering the same kind of tours.

3. None of our half-day tours include lunch in the price, but we do make allowance for time for our clients to have lunch at one of the destinations we visit. We cannot cover the cost of a meal on the half day tours and keep the price at the same level.

Thanks again for your feedback, and we're glad you had an enjoyable time with us.
Kind regards,
RA - Scenic Wine Tours.

Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

Did the full day Matakana trip. Scenery and the wine was superb. The day was well worth it and I would reccomend it to anyone who is interested in a really good tour company and some great wine and views. Thanks for a memorable day.

SWTMA75, Public Relations Manager at Scenic Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2015

Thanks Andrew! We're so glad you had a great day, and appreciate your review, thanks so much.

Reviewed 20 November 2015

Booked the afternoon tour during a 2 day visit to Auckland. We signed on to visit 2 wineries and a brewery. From the initial contact, the responsiveness was great. Got a confirmation e-mail the day of the tour letting us know exactly where to meet Ross. He appeared right on time and we set off for our tour which included seeing some beautiful scenery on the way to our first stop at Matua. The wines were great and our only disappointment was that the wines we liked the most were not exported to the US. However, we viewed that as a reason to return. The tasting was comprehensive and our server was able to provide a wealth of information about the wines, the region and the challenges facing the industry. We then went to Cooper's Creek which also poured some excellent wines. Luckily, their wines are more available in the US so we will be able to find the ones that we liked most. We then stopped at a brewery and got to sample what is referred to as a paddle in New Zealand. As we are more partial to stouts and porters, we really loved the dark beer included in our paddle. Throughout the trip, we learned a great deal about New Zealand and definitely enjoyed our afternoon. We would highly recommend Scenic Wine Tours and know that Ross would be more than happy to custom tailor a tour.

SWTMA75, Public Relations Manager at Scenic Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2015

Thanks so much for your review. We're glad you had such a good time, and hope you can find those wines you liked the most available at home in the US! :-)

Reviewed 19 November 2015

I did a half day tour - it was the cheapest I could find online, but it turned out to be the most wonderful service imaginable. A very pleasant day - guide was professional, knowledgeable, great fun and super adaptable to my needs. I was even taken to the airport at the end of the tour. The wineries are beautiful, the food is amazing. I highly recommend this tour company. Book them now!!

1  Thank RFJ77
SWTMA75, Public Relations Manager at Scenic Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2015

Thank you! It was great to have you with us.