“Great place for brunch!”
Review of Odettes Eatery

Odettes Eatery
Ranked #29 of 1,978 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

My fiancé & I were in Auckland recently staying with my uncles. I have seen their check-in's at Odette's and knew the cafe was one of their favourites so when they announced that some friends were coming up from Wellington and we were having brunch at Odette's on Monday, I was looking forward to it. We arrived and the cafe was packed so clearly my uncles aren't the only ones who love it! I generally like a sweeter coffee so when I was told that they didn't have syrups for coffee I was a little confused as to what to order (I'm a new coffee drinker) and eventually settled on their mocha, which turned out to be just a bit too sweet for me. I had the Odette Complete and what a meal! That whipped feta is absolutely divine, the eggs were perfectly poached, the bacon cooked just the way I like and the avocado complemented the rest of the meal. I really enjoyed the meal but the one drawback was that the bread was quite hard to cut. The staff were friendly, helpful and accommodating and the decor was absolutely divine. The bathroom has given me some chronic bathroom envy and that paint colour in the main area is amazing!

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Four of us had a great night out. We chose the shared plates. We were not overwhelmed with all dishes coming out together, but spaced out so that we could enjoy each one and the table did not become cramped. Each and every dish was so tasty and we'll cooked that we could not choose a favourite as they were all delicious. We were quite close to the next table but we're not disturbed by their conversation nor they ours. Highly recommended and very reasonable prices too we thought, especially considering the high quality of the food and friendly efficient service.

1  Thank Nooks25
Reviewed 17 October 2015

It's rare to come across a menu where you could eat most of the dishes on it, because you have never run across them before. We did and enjoyed all of them, though the crayfish tortellini was a standout.

Great surroundings, especially the huge photo at the end of the room. And top rate service. It isn't cheap, but it is worth it.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

I have been here 3 times this month, each time was a taste experience. I love the crayfish ravioli, it is sensational. The soft shell crab sliders and more...
It does get busy so I suggest you book. Lunchtime outdoor area is charming. They need to keep the boom boom music off the airways - I will be back for sure.

Reviewed 16 October 2015

Super packed on a Sunday - but great atmosphere. We four got a table only just, as outside where we wanted to be, was a bit chilly. Been here several times but not on the weekend. The food on the whole as very tasty and the menu is different from other places. Has a European touch. But you pay for it. Partner had a piece of credit card sized bread on the side as was charged 4 dollars! My scrambled eggs with spinach and feta and whipped auberginecwaaubergine hit the spot- the over cooked hard bacon and a smal piece at that did not. The sides were generous but at $6 they should be. Overall Odettes is a nice experience-very professional staff and quality food. The interior is gorgeous.