“Beautiful”

Ranked #12 of 1,977 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sid at The French Cafe is a fine dining restaurant in Auckland City offering the very best in food, wine and service.
Reviewed 7 September 2021

We had an amazing experience there. Our waiter looked after us so well. Wine pairing was fantastic. It matched beautifully with our meal. We were group of 8 and all of us thoroughly enjoyed every dish.

Date of visit: June 2021

Reviewed 31 July 2021

For years I’ve been waiting to go here. Finally decided to take my best friend for her birthday. Food was interesting and tasty and little morsels kept coming which was fun. First appearance was so disappointing if you expect a French atmosphere. Bland and boring and nothing decorative which I would have expected if French, apparently we are just to ficus in thd food. Limited Vicky suits although they have a nice bar area. I think it’s still trading on its old reputation but failed for me. I wanted glam as well as thd taste

Date of visit: July 2021
2  Thank Kate M
Reviewed 23 July 2021

My friend and I were lucky enough to secure a booking on Tuesday 22nd June 2021, when I was in Auckland for a conference. And what an experience it was! Nothing short of spectacular! The food and the service were extraordinary. I believe it is possibly the best restaurant meal I have ever had, both in New Zealand and overseas. And I've had plenty, being 64 years young. We were seated close to the open kitchen and it was fascinating to watch the hive of quiet industry, overseen by Sid. I cannot recommend it more highly. Adrienne

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 19 May 2021

While it's still The French Cafe, the food style is quite different - and exceptional. The attention to detail is commendable, and tastes were great. Service was a little slow, especially with our initial drinks. Overall though, very good.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 18 February 2021 via mobile

Enjoyed our night but the food and service were just not up there.

The fit out has aged as well

Just running on it’s past reputation and the tank is getting low. Bit of a shame. Probably needs to be reborn / made over to get a refreshed life if it’s own.

Date of visit: February 2021
4  Thank astropig
Chandsahrawat, Owner at Sid at The French Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2021

Thanks for the feedback, as you can imagine refurbishment has been interrupted with Covid-19 last year, although some was completed. Other refurbishment is continuing this year. We do not believe in trading on the restaurants past reputation alone and are reinvesting and reinventing the wheel. Hope to welcome you in the future.