“Consistently good food and amazing desserts”
Review of Prego Restaurant

Prego Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 1,978 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: outdoor dining, Take out available, Full menu all day and night.
Reviewed 19 November 2018 via mobile

My partner and I came here always and recently brought some overseas visitors here for dinner and desserts. The food is consistently good and delicious. The desserts are superb. Love love love it 😊.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

The restaurant has just reopened after a refit and we arrived as walk in to a very busy restaurant! We were seated straight away and got our order and drinks promptly. The service was excellent with a smiley waitress and lovely bar staff! The food was delicious! I had the gnocchi which was yummy would defo visit again :)

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Extremely busy for a Tuesday night with several large bookings in. We walked in as a table for 4, and after being seated promptly, we were served beverages and ordered our meals. The wait time was very short but the food was incredible. We had a variety of pizzas, along with the gnocchi and sides of the garlic and rosemary roasted potatoes. The only negative comment would be about the tiramisu, which was lacking in espresso punch. But that in no way detracted from the efficient service and scrumptious pizzas. Will be back

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Prego is something of an Auckland constitution, and one I've been to many times - although not in recent years. I was pleased to return, food still just as good, and our waiter - Josh - rendered great service. I'll look forward to next time, the only negatives are Prego doesn't take bookings and is way too noisy - although that may change as there's a refit planned soon.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here numerous times over the years and though I haven’t lived in NZ for over 30 years it’s always a restaurant I love to dine in. On a cold and wet Thursday night it was packed and very loud which just seems to add to the ambience. We started with the calamari which must be one of the most popular starters and I had the gnocchi for a main which was outstanding....creamy texture and delicious flavours with the mix of pumpkin purée and blue cheese. I’ll certainly be back.

Date of visit: October 2018