“Lovely lunch with family”
Review of Paper Moon

Paper Moon
Ranked #211 of 2,468 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Price range: US$10 - US$24
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Paper Moon is undisputedly Mairangi Bay's favourite dining and drinking spot. Be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or drinks into the evening, we're the place that pleases. Open seven days from 7:30am to 11pm, it's our passion to create the perfect occasion. We've had much praise heaped on us and we love it! Our simply named 'Beans and Bacon Breakfast' won us the Watties New Zealand Cafe of the Year title, and our Beef Wellington has customers raving and returning regularly. This is, of course, merely the tip of our culinary iceberg... Everyone loves a Happy Hour and ours is every day, from 3-6pm. So it's actually a Happy Three Hours. (We're good like that!) Bringing you house wines for $5.90, and beers for $6.90 makes us happy too! Feel special with a cocktail special on Wednesday nights - they're only $10. Our coffee is Allpress. Enough said. Except to say that our staff are actually trained on site and off by Allpress as well. We aim to please our many four-legged friends too here - water bowls outside ensure its not only the humans who enjoy some refreshment. Our staff love dogs, so you can be sure they'll be doted on and shown lots of love! And, with or without dog, it's always nice to take a wander to the beautiful beach we're blessed to have just a short walk down the road. We think one of our takeout Kapiti ice-creams compliments a beach walk nicely too... This is all good, we know, but don't take our word for it! Come and raise a glass with us soon at Paper Moon.
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We stopped at Paper Moon on a Sunday afternoon. We all enjoyed our meals and the children had fun trying to guess the ingredients in the special drinks on the kids menu.The food portions were generous and service was reasonably quick.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Not great. Tried the battered snapper and chips with salad. The battered was overdone and quite dark brown, the aoli was very bland and oily. It needed a little more sharpening in the flavour, The salad mix was fairly tasteless. I have eaten the same meal here before and it has been better. Coffee was okay. Meal was $24.90.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

My friend and I frequently come here for a Sunday morning brunch after a long walk. The Mother Earth brunch never disappoints! Good, friendly service too.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 24 July 2018

What should have been a superb dinner was a disaster. How would you feel if you paid about $170 a person (including wine) and then had food poisoning for a day and a half later?
I had scallops and that is my prime suspect. I suspect this restaurant could be using very cheap and nasty scallops from China. I really felt sick for 2 days. On 3rd day called the restaurant. They said sorry, but no refund. Later spoke to the owner who accepted no responsibility or any refund whatsoever. So dont ever go here, ever.

Date of visit: August 2017
Maxine G, Owner at Paper Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Hi there

I am really sorry to hear that you have been sick and suspect it was food poisoning.

Can you please provide some more details? I am the owner of this restaurant and you have not spoken to myself. I have also spoken with all of my Managers and Head Chef and nobody has spoken to you about a possible food poisoning incident from Scallops. We sell a huge number of scallops in the restaurant so they are always fresh because we are constantly turning over stock given we are so busy. We have had no reported cases of food poisoning from other customers.

Can you please let me know when you dined with us and who you think it was you spoke to from the restaurant?

Please feel free to email on admin@papermoon.org.nz

Regards
Maxine

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

I had seen this advertised (sandwich board on side walk) and walked past this several times a week on a weekly basis since they started this service. We had thought about it but preferred our own home cooked roast & vegetables, tonight we tried it but only because I had been given a voucher 1 year ago and it was due to expire this weekend. How stupid were we - this was equally as good if not better because we didn’t have to cook or wash up afterwards. The surroundings were great, food was superb, staff extremely friendly and helpful and the deserts were second to none. This was a fantastic experience that we would ALL gladly comeback for again. I recommend booking via the phone as I had issues trying to book via their app or the web. We will be back again for another great family experience - Thank You

Date of visit: July 2018
Maxine G, Manager at Paper Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Awesome - glad to hear you loved it!! We look forward to seeing you again.