“The Perfect Choice for daughters 21st dinner”

Harbourside Ocean Bar Grill
Reserve a table
Ranked #82 of 1,977 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Harbourside Ocean Bar Grill reopened in October 2013 after an extensive, six-month refurbishment program that has taken the iconic Ferry Building's hospitality to a new level. After buying Harbourside in 2012, Good Group committed to a major redesign of the restaurant, with the objective of keeping the traditions of Harbourside that were built up over many years but modernizing both them and the fit out. The result has been a cleverly designed premium seafood restaurant located in an up market environment that delivers a unique experience. A key part of the redesign was the enhancement of the renowned outdoor deck area and the addition of a new retractable roof. Through clever architecture from Salmond Reed coupled with Good Group's own design input and the support from the Historic Places Trust a retractable canopy has been developed that ensures customers can enjoy dining on the deck in all weather conditions. The refurbishment has also seen the linking up of Harbourside upstairs with Botswana Butchery downstairs, via a new internal staircase, creating a multi level precinct that gives customers the ability to dine or visit the bars at either venue and have the convenience of one bill.
Reviewed 6 April 2021 via mobile

The Perfect Choice for daughters 21st birthday with family flying in from all over the country.
From the moment I started to organise with Mandie the Event Manager, I knew this was the right place
We had a gorgeous table outside on the deck with superb Harbour views and great couch area for a few pre dinner drinks while she could open gifts. Then we moved to the table and had a truly memorable meal. We consider ourselves foodies and it did not disappoint. The wait staff Jordan. Was amazing & very efficient.
What a fabulous night had by all
So good it deteriorated into Tequila shots...
what happens at Harbourside stays at Harbourside
But thank you got the best night had by all ❤️

Date of visit: April 2021

Reviewed 27 March 2021 via mobile

We dined here for our 20th wedding anniversary and can’t wait to go back. The food was amazing! And service outstanding. An evening we will remember for years to come as we were well looked after. Thank you!

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 23 February 2021

was looking forward to a night at Harbourside.....we took some special friends to say thank you. Unfortunately from the time of booking where we were made to feel lucky to be allowed at the restaurant, to the chewy duck our friend ordered, to the wine that was marked up 400%, and the lack of anyone who knew about the wine list....... almost everything was average. Made a private review to the restaurant but no one even bothered to contact us to respond........ Wont be going back

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 1 February 2021

Visited here yesterday to celebrate my partner’s graduation and his new starts. It was pretty packed for Sunday night. Since it was a special occasion, I had pre-ordered the seafood platter and champagne when I booked. I also pre-ordered some dessert and celebration plate through email in advance, the morning of our booking date. They gave me an immediate reply saying that they will make some notes on our occasion and dessert for our booking.

Food was just amazing. It came with the perfect amount of everything. 3 selection of sashimi was fantastic. I usually don’t like tropical tuna sashimi, but it was not too watery and was really fresh, so I loved it. Prawn and scampi cocktail was really my type, had a sweet flavour. Oysters were the highlight of the platter, it was huge and flavourful. We enjoyed fresh seafood and amazing view.

In terms of service... it was a little bit questionable. Waiter? Manager? from the different table was keep coughing, sneezing and snorting very often without mask or any face cover... not even hands/elbow. It’s 2021, I don’t think that is appropriate at all... especially at the restaurant...

My waitress messed up my surprise plan for my partner... by asking us if we would like to take a look at their dessert menu or not. I immediately felt like WHAT?! I was really confused since I wasn’t expecting such a question from her. I was just giving her a really awkward smile/silence for a while. My partner looked really confused. Then she said “it’s ok if you don’t have space for dessert. that’s totally normal. I’ll get the bill for you.” and gave us a huge comfort smile. I just told her that I left the note on my booking this morning, so could you please check? She said that she only saw the note about our savoury food order, but she will double-check. As she left our table, I was a little too embarrassed facing my boyfriend, so I just left the table and went to the bathroom. I saw my waitress on the way, and she gave me an apology.

I was thinking this is exactly why I emailed you!!!! I just wanted things to go smooth and perfect, so I tried to plan as much as I can... but it dramatically failed😇 My boyfriend was very understanding, and he seemed happy that the fact I planned this for him, so I was really glad. After all, we had a great time, so it’s ok but wouldn’t recommend if you wanna surprise someone on a special occasion...

Loved my food, including dessert. It was just awesome, as usual. So I give 3/5 overall.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 14 January 2021 via mobile

The best restaurant in Auckland! Best location on the Harbour with good views of Auckland Harbour! Excellent choice if drinks as well!

Date of visit: November 2020