“Was it as Good as I Remembered? No! It was Better!!!”
Review of Cibo

Cibo
Ranked #19 of 1,969 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Parnell
Reviewed 8 June 2020

Approximately 10 years ago now, I used to work for a company that had offices in Australia as well as New Zealand. So I would work 3 weeks in Oz & then head across the Ditch to NZ for a week. A mate of mine that travelled quite a lot for work tipped me off about a Great Restaurant in Auckland that I had to try - Cibo.

So I tried it on my first trip to NZ & what a find. It was also my first experience of eating out on my own at anything more upmarket than the local takeaway or foodcourt. The staff always treated me very well, probably as I was on my own & they felt a bit sorry for me. And the food was always Great. I still remember having a beef eye fillet with shredded beetroot on top of it. The only thing missing was my partner who was back in Oz. I would always get back to Oz & tell her about my little Cibo dining experience & promise her that I would take her there for Dinner one time...

Little did I realise that life being what it was, things happen & things don't always work out like we have them all planned out in our head. So it has taken us 10 years to have our first holiday together in NZ. I tentatively wondered if Cibo was still around as 10 years in the Restaurant Game is a lifetime. It was. So I went about organising a Surprise Dinner for my Partner to Cibo in order to make Good on that Promise from 10 years ago...

As soon as we walked into the Restaurant, it was Night to Remember. From the welcoming staff to the great space. It was a Monday Night & the place was absolutely packed! The only problem we had was trying to decide what to order from the menu. I almost wondered if my old favourite the eye fillet with beetroot was still on the menu? Alas it wasn't. But there were more than enough mouth watering options instead. From the Sashimi & the Scallops for entrees to the Tuna, Octopus & Watermelon as well as the Bali Duck with Pancake for the mains. Oh & did I mention the signature Cibo special of Whitebait Pancake? Absolutely Amazing, such a delicate balance of flavours. The famous Pavlova looked amazing & we had food envy as the table next to us tucked into one but we just couldn't fit it in so opted for the Red Velvet & Milky-Chocolate for Desserts. Yum!!!

Sorry for the long-winded review but it really was a Special Night for my Partner & I that was 10 years in the Making! Thanks to Jeremy & his Team who really helped to make this a Night to Remember! 10 years on & Cibo is not as good as I remembered it, it was that & Much, Much More!!!

Date of visit: March 2020
1  Thank devs2035

Reviewed 1 June 2020

Last night was my third time at Cibo and quality of food and service continues to be at the highest standard. Not only does it serve the best steak (beef fillet), but the service and all-round demeanour of hosts/waiters are impeccable.

It blends a mix of casual and class. We didn't have one waiter, we had many that checked to see if our food was up to standard. Our primary waiter was full of energy and laughs, and we felt taken care of.

I don't want to call it a hidden gem, because it's well known, but Cibo deserves any accolades it gets.

Date of visit: May 2020
Reviewed 7 May 2020

All credit to the Cibo team for above and beyond the call of duty on multiple occasions. Tonight involved delivery way beyond their usual zone to make a birthday special for a ninety one year old who loves their restaurant. Following last year's 90th celebration, and many happy special dinners. The food, atmosphere, service are always outstanding and tonight you have taken that even further.
What a team! Thank you all

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 9 March 2020

What can I say Jeremy and his amazing staff are just that Amazing! The food, the ambiance everything came together perfectly.
From the first bite to the last was a gastronomical delight.
The Sashimi was melt in your mouth, and the White Bait Pancake was a very pleasant surprise.
Make sure you leave room for desert the Pavlova is a work of art, with the Red Velvet smooth and morish and the Milky Chocolate living up to it’s name.
Thank you Cibo for making my stay in Auckland that little bit special.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 6 March 2020

Quiet couples dinner.
Wait staff were generally great .
One of them was so over the top and would not shut up it made the evening less than what we wanted ....tall Hugh with a tan and black hair ...... he was very cocky and tying to tell us how clever he was etc ...... Food was outstanding and the deserts the same ....share a desert between 2 -3 people though as way too huge .

Date of visit: February 2020