“Great food at reasonable price”

Cafe Midnight Express
Ranked #15 of 2,272 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Great food at reasonable price”
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went for a stroll around the streets near our accomodation in Auckland, and found Cafe Midnight Express.
My wife is not a big eater, so she ordered an entree, but I had the $25 special, which consisted of an entree and a main.
We both had a drink, and we left, very well fed, all for $55.
The food was sensational. The staff were friendly and courteous.
Definitely worth a try.

Visited March 2017

“Mezze Platter is Excellent!”
Reviewed 26 March 2017

Came here for dinner last night with my boyfriend and really enjoyed the whole experience. I had the mezze platter as my main which was huge and entirely vegetarian which was great. It was lovely being able to try so many different things this way. My boyfriend had the midnight mix and he was very happy with his meal. As we were eating there was belly dancing which made for a great ambience. For dessert the chocolate whiskey cake is amazing! Would definitely return here for the $10 lunch special they do.

Wellington, New Zealand
“Great meal! ”
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Thanks to the recommendation on TA and the close proximity to my hotel we chose to come here. The food is so tasty! A lot of flavour at affordable prices! It was packed with people but well worth being amongst a crowd of people to taste great food. Will come again if I'm ever in Auckland CBD! Staff are friendly and manage to keep up with the fast pace of the place. I had the grilled chicken salad, so so so delicious. My brother are the Vegetarian Moussaka and he said it was amazing!

Visited March 2017
Auckland
“Sensational”
Reviewed 25 March 2017

My lovely wife and I dropped in for dinner after seeing a show in town this evening and we were very impressed. From the moment we arrived, without a booking, we were treated exceptionally well. The lovely waitress offered water as soon as we were seated, which was continually topped up through the entire meal. We selected lamb shank and mousaka and a brilliant Pegasus Bay Riesling and Pencarrow Pinot. The wine list by the glass is nothing short of brilliant. The service by the lovely waitresses is akin to the best five star restaurants anywhere. The food was absolutely delicious and my wife genuinely appreciated a spoon being provided so you can drink the sauce with the lamb shank, which she described as the best lamb shank she has ever had. My mousaka was absolutely delicious, and was accompanied by rice, greek yoghurt and a fresh salad with the most scrumptious salad dressing. This really is ffod fit for even the most fussy foodie. The total cost including wine was $71 which is nothing short of a bargain. If you get a chance, go. This food is second to none at an inexpensive price. Thoroughly recommended.

Tacoma, Washington
“Great Find on a Busy Street”
Reviewed 24 March 2017

Came across this small restaurant while walking across from Sky City. The service was outstanding and the food was excellent. We ordered the set menu with a large shared variety starter and two entrees. All of it was great. On Friday and Saturday night there is a belly dancer at 8 pm. The restaurant had several table setups for larger groups with many two tops as well. They were proudly displaying their Trip Advisor rating in the window and that is what drew us in. Glad it did!