“Great Find on a Busy Street”

Cafe Midnight Express
Ranked #15 of 2,358 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2017

Came across this small restaurant while walking across from Sky City. The service was outstanding and the food was excellent. We ordered the set menu with a large shared variety starter and two entrees. All of it was great. On Friday and Saturday night there is a belly dancer at 8 pm. The restaurant had several table setups for larger groups with many two tops as well. They were proudly displaying their Trip Advisor rating in the window and that is what drew us in. Glad it did!

There are newer reviews for Cafe Midnight Express

Reviewed 22 March 2017

The menu was typical of any Turkish/Mediterranean restaurant, but it was all done very well, and we were very satisfied with our meal. As we were there on a Monday they had a special offer of two dishes (main + dessert or starter) for 25$, which was great value. Service was highly efficient and friendly. It's central location makes it worth visiting if you're in Auckland city.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Found this place while just wandering around in the city and in so glad we did! Probably the best turkish food I've ever had! The interior was beautiful, the staff were very polite (something you unfortunately don't see too much in New Zealand I've noticed). I couldn't fault this place on anything.

1  Thank elian461
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

I had dinner with dessert here. The chicken dinner I had was great and dessert was from anothert earth! The cheesecake was one of the best I've ever had! They do also have free WIFI. I do highly reccommend this place!

1  Thank Erlend H
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Went to this restaurant twice as it was so good. Lovely freshly cooked food and good value. Had mixed meze to start followed by fish platter. Also entertained by belly dancer on Saturday night. Really warm welcome and service very good.

1  Thank JanMer2013