“Amazing”

Cassia @ Skycity
Ranked #24 of 1,968 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cassia is a modern Indian restaurant by award winning Chef Sid Sahrawat. A la carte and tasting menus available.
Reviewed 13 July 2023

Absolutely loved Cassia - so much so we ended up coming again a couple nights later. We went with the tasting menu and loved being surprised with a variety of dishes that we probably wouldn't have picked for ourselves. My favourites were the Goat Cheese & Corn Fritter and the Lamb Chops - but I liked pretty much everything I was given. Some of the reviews say it wasn't a lot of food but I was stuffed both times I went and I think it was actually great value for $95 pp given the prices being charged by lesser venues around the area. I also think that the atmosphere was lovely, seats comfortable and the service was exceptionally professional. A lot of the food did have a kick to it, so if you cannot handle spice at all then it might not be for you - but It was one of the most positive dining experiences I have had.

Date of visit: July 2023
1  Thank Kira B

Reviewed 26 June 2023 via mobile

The food is outstanding! Really probably the best subcontinent cuisine in the CBD. It’s very pricey and the portions are generous so one main per person is plenty. They have a tasting menu but only for 2 or more. Lots of “table touches” but not for the solos. I didn’t feel like they wanted single diners from the reception. No carryout so I guess I need to bring a friend next visit!

Date of visit: June 2023
1  Thank Rob B
Reviewed 30 May 2023

Wow! what an amazing place. Sid really has excelled himself. The smell as soon as you walk into the restaurant is fantastic. The food was plenty for the price. It was so nice to be served by well trained and pleasant staff. They were watching all the time but not overwhelming. We had the tandoor chicken & lamb main. It was our 41st wedding anniversary so we received a little cheesecake to share which was delightful. Most impressed and highly recommend.

Date of visit: April 2023
1  Thank JUPANDMUP
Reviewed 12 March 2023 via mobile

I had wanted for a while to check out Cassia and finally had the opportunity with three family members. This modern Indian restaurant certainly didn’t disappoint. First of all, the service is immaculate. We chose the Journey Through India tasting menu with wine pairings. Everything was spot on and all the bold flavours of India left us happy and satisfied.

Date of visit: January 2023
1  Thank seadragon99
Reviewed 12 January 2023

We got in at a sharing table, and had fun with family next to us. All the food was very flavorful and interesting. Recommend sitting at back of restaurant, where techno music was not so loud

Date of visit: January 2023