“Great Rangitoto trip”

and up
Half-Day Auckland North Head Guided Kayaking Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Fergs, a great source of fun for all ages. We offer an extensive range of equipment for hire or purchase as well as kayaking tours to some of New Zealand’s most iconic locations. We're only 6km from the city centre with an amazing on-water location which means you can just hire and go! Whether you’re a family looking for a bit of fun on the weekend, an individual keen to take up a new sport, a school or corporate group wanting a different experience then Fergs is sure to have some exciting activities for you.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 22 December 2016

great morning kayak out to Rangitoto. Great guides, bit of history, totally safe. Lots of fun. the kit was virtually brand new. all good; would recommend.

Management response:Responded 8 January 2017

Thank you Tom! We're glad you enjoyed the trip!

Reviewed 19 December 2016

Spent a day out on the water with Fergs kayaks and one of there guides.
Had an awesome day on the water with guide Nathanael out to rangitoto Island with a climb to the top. Excellent guiding and service from all staff. Highly rated

Hi Jason,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We're glad you enjoyed the trip.

Cheers,
Ella

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Had the most amazing evening on rangitoto!! Gorgeous views and superb experience kayaking back in the dark. All made far more entertaining by both ella and Phil ...with some great stories including how Phil got a black eye from a sheep :)
Great evening, could not recommend Fergs more highly!

Management response:Responded 8 January 2017

Thanks Samantha! I enjoyed the night so much I probably should have been paying for it as well! Hope your last few days in NZ were spectacular and the UK is treating you well.

Cheers - Ella

Reviewed 5 December 2016

I was trying to figure out the best way to explore the surrounding areas of Auckland without a car when I came across Fergs Kayaks, I adore the sea and I love to kayak so this seemed like the perfect solution, and I wasn't wrong! From the incredibly friendly and informed guides to the beautiful hidden views of Auckland, I was very impressed. Initially, I was a bit nervous about crossing the channel, but Elle & Phil guided us through with such confidence and easy, my nerves were put to rest.

The trip was fun and relaxing, I had a really great time! The guides knew their stuff and were only happy to answer any questions I had. I would highly recommend booking with Fergs Kayaks!

Tip - Don't forget your camera!! There are some seriously fantastic views of Auckland's CBD and gorgeous suburbs!!

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Me and hubby booked with Fergs for half day trip to North Head, Auckland. It was our first kayaking experience ever. We were under care of Ella and Phil, and they were amazing. We had concise briefing just before trip, also during the trip Ella was giving us advices how to improve our paddling. We made a stop at North Head, were we could admire amazing view at Auckland, also Phil told us about North Head history. We would definitely recommend Fergs if you are looking for kayaking experience, either you are beginner or advanced. They have variety of trips. We will definitely be back for more.