“Amazing Rangitoto evening trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Auckland Rangitoto Island Guided Sunset Kayaking Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Fergs Kayaks Auckland is located on the spectacular waterfront of Auckland. We have kayak and stand up paddle board hire for people who want to enjoy the Auckland coastline. For people who like to stay dry, you can explore a stunning coast pathway with our inline skate, bicycle and long board hire. In addition, we offer guided sea kayak tours to Rangitoto and Devonport.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reading, United Kingdom
“Amazing Rangitoto evening trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Had the most amazing evening on rangitoto!! Gorgeous views and superb experience kayaking back in the dark. All made far more entertaining by both ella and Phil ...with some great stories including how Phil got a black eye from a sheep :)
Great evening, could not recommend Fergs more highly!

Visited December 2016
, Operations Manager at Fergs Kayaks Auckland, responded to this review, 8 January 2017
Thanks Samantha! I enjoyed the night so much I probably should have been paying for it as well! Hope your last few days in NZ were spectacular and the UK is treating you well.

Cheers - Ella

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful way to see Auckland!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2016

I was trying to figure out the best way to explore the surrounding areas of Auckland without a car when I came across Fergs Kayaks, I adore the sea and I love to kayak so this seemed like the perfect solution, and I wasn't wrong! From the incredibly friendly and informed guides to the beautiful hidden views of Auckland, I was very impressed. Initially, I was a bit nervous about crossing the channel, but Elle & Phil guided us through with such confidence and easy, my nerves were put to rest.

The trip was fun and relaxing, I had a really great time! The guides knew their stuff and were only happy to answer any questions I had. I would highly recommend booking with Fergs Kayaks!

Tip - Don't forget your camera!! There are some seriously fantastic views of Auckland's CBD and gorgeous suburbs!!

Leeds, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Excellent kayaking experience ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Me and hubby booked with Fergs for half day trip to North Head, Auckland. It was our first kayaking experience ever. We were under care of Ella and Phil, and they were amazing. We had concise briefing just before trip, also during the trip Ella was giving us advices how to improve our paddling. We made a stop at North Head, were we could admire amazing view at Auckland, also Phil told us about North Head history. We would definitely recommend Fergs if you are looking for kayaking experience, either you are beginner or advanced. They have variety of trips. We will definitely be back for more.

Auckland, New Zealand
“Great winters day on the water.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2016

Dan picked a great day for the paddle to Rangitoto. Everything went like clockwork, including the weather. Both Dan and Nick looked after us well no complaints. The experience was worth it.
Will definitely do it again, once the muscles recover.

Visited August 2016
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fabulous experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2016 via mobile

Had the most wonderful evening trip across to Rangitoto last month - the journey across was far less strenuous than I had imagined - we took regular stops to allow time to take in the scenery and all keep together as a group... It helped that we had perfect weather and the wind and tides were favourable both on the way in and out. Stunning views were had on the way up and while watching the sunset from the summit, and the journey back was made spectacular by the fact that we were lucky enough to have a full moon and an enormous amount of phosphorescence in the sea... It was like watching a sky full of stars moving through the wake of our oars... The magic is simply indescribable! Thanks to our guides for a memorable evening!

Visited December 2015