“Sunshine Bakery”
Review of Sunshine Bakery

Sunshine Bakery
Ranked #30 of 42 Bakeries in Auckland Central
Reviewed 26 April 2016

Looking at my earlier review I can't believe I gave them only a 3. I have eaten their steak and pepper pies average 5 days a week for many years and believe I have eaten over 2,000 so I guess I am hooked on them. The above photo is a good visual image, great pastry, ample tasty, meaty filling at $3.40, much better than many award winning pies I have tried both here and Australia Mind you, they can't make a good pie in Australia. Good standard range of other bakery goods, sandwiches, cakes, cold drinks etc. Do I need to say their pies are "Highly recommended?"

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 26 November 2015 via mobile

There was nothing close around and I was desperate for food so I popped into this place that looked somewhat dodgey. Tired the mince beef and cheese pie and was surprised how good it was. The rest that was on offer I didn't try.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 2 November 2015

Undoubtedly the best steak and pepper pies I have ever eaten. I have eaten between 1500 and 2000 of his pies and they are the best. Having just come back from Australia where they charge NZ $6.50c for a mediocre pie (and I tried a lot) I find these pies at $3.40c to be a delicious bargain. Pity TripAdvisor didn't have a stand alone pie category - these would be winners.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I wouldn't normally review a bakery but one of my loves is a good steak pie. I have bought and eaten them all over New Zealand including pies from award winning bakeries. This is an average to good bakery however I have eaten hundreds of their steak and pepper pies. Great pastry, plenty of chunky, meaty, tasty filling with excellent gravy. The pepper is black pepper and not too hot but they do one without the pepper as well. I have eaten so called Gourmet steak pies in Australia at around NZ $5 and they are rubbish. At $3.30, these pies are really good. We should be exporting them!

Date of visit: April 2014