Lowest prices for your stay
$233
HamiltonNZ
Exceeded my expectations
Review of SkyCity Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Jun 2021via mobile
I wasn't sure what to expect when i was booked in here for work.

Icy (on the front desk) set the tone for a great stay when he accomodated my requests for a room away from any noise. So grateful for the room i got.

The room was immaculately presented each day and even meeting the house staff in the corridors with their friendly "hellos was lovely too.
Great amenities too. Loved the shampoo and conditioner.

Room service meals were...delicious.

My little bits of feedback.

1. I found the loud music quite full on around the reception area. But thats probably the casino vibe...which this country girl wasn't use to.

2. Not keen on the secret lights hiding behind the pillows. It took me ages to find them. 😄hahaha!

3. Would have liked the power socket in between the beds to be higher...or at least white so you can see it better. (Sorry, to the house staff, for pulling the plug on the clock. I just couldn't see that there were two sockets)

Hot tip: Underground Parking. Try and park near the lifts marked Atrium. (In the centre) The theater lifts will take you to the other side of the block away from reception.

Well done to all the team.
Date of stay: June 2021
    $167
1.2 km from SkyCity Hotel
View more hotels in Auckland Central
2,615 results
All reviews sky city hotel orbit restaurant valet parking central location new zealand room was large the heart of the city mini bar buffet breakfast fortuna auckland concierge harbour foyer checkin viaduct
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 June 2021

Reception area has a severe lack of seats for waiting patrons.

Front desk staff did not know that PayWave could be used to pay for rooms meaning I had to go outside in the freezing winter night and find an ATM to withdraw cash to pay my room bond.

The rooms were great and discrete. However the view was lacking.

Economical room rates for the location and room quality. Bed furnishings and room ambience were great.

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank amour_fou6
Lisa Schreivogel, Guest Services / Front Office at SkyCity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2021

Dear amour_fou6,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your time with us and that you delighted in your room and our central location.
I do apologize that you were inconvenienced in any way and were caused some discomfort during your stay.
I have forwarded your comments regarding the lack of seating in the reception area to our Hotel Manager to see if it's possible to add more.
Just to clarify about the PayWave payment, we do accept PayWave payment for the room, buy not for the pre-authorization of the security bond payment. I am sorry that you had to brave the cold to draw cash from an ATM when we do have ATM's on the Casino level located on L2.
I do hope we get to welcome you back in the near future.
Take care.
Warm regards,
Lisa

Reviewed 30 May 2021 via mobile

Received a voucher to stay at Skycity tonight, and unfortunately do not see us back here anytime soon. From the outside, Skycity looks to be the heart of the city where everyone wants to be, however the Skycity Hotel is anything but.

In a single night we have encountered an incorrect bedding situation (booked for twin room and received a single king), a faulty AC/heater that stays at a balmy 22 degrees, dirty carpet and a TV that malfunctions every 10 mins and needs turning off to reboot.

Luckily we've only needed to stay the night, however I imagine customers paying an arm and a leg for what should be wonderful accommodation won't be receiving their money's worth.

With it being my second time staying here and not much improvement to the experience, my advice to Skycity is this: Quality customer service is EVERYTHING.

The devil is in the details, and if you can't show care to your customers over the little things, then the big posturing gestures won't matter either. A friendly inviting welcome, access to extra bedding in the room, adequate elevators, a thorough system for cleaning, willing helpers at the other end of the phone -- these are the things that take what is status quo in accommodation to the next the level.

This is no way a dig to the staff who have to do an often thankless jobs, but the powers at be who run this show really need to self-reflect in what it takes to run a great hotel, as they are currently aligned with the trope that NZ customer service is not up to par with the rest of the world.

My plans to come back here over the next several months are now detered, as I will seek out alternate hotel accommodation when coming to the CBD moving forward. A real shame.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank lalakiss
Lisa Schreivogel, Guest Services / Front Office at SkyCity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2021

Dear lalakiss,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us.
Whilst it was disappointing to read it is important for us to receive feedback so we can continue to improve.

I wish to apologise on behalf of the team at SkyCity Hotel. We have a strong team that takes pride in its work and we truly value everybody who chooses to stay with us.

We would love to be able to reach out to you directly in order for us to investigate and ensure these things do not happen in the future.

Please feel free to email our Rooms Division Manager, Willie on email - William.Surya@skycity.co.nz

We look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,
Lisa

Reviewed 30 April 2021 via mobile

SkyCity Hotel is convenient in location and have some great restaurants surrounding it as you would expect for a Casino. The concierge / valet service is on point and the rooms are comfortable.
But imagine this… it’s 11pm, you pull back your sheets after a long day and find stains on them. Understanding that missing detail happens you call the duty manager, who advises he will send someone to fix the issue.
30 mins later, you are still waiting, so call again. The usual apology occurs and he advises some will be up. 10 mins pass and there is a know at the door, a staff member offers 2 sheets. You stand there confused.. “do you think I am changing sheets in a hotel I paid $260 a night for” you think.
After explaining he reluctantly enters the room to change the sheets and leaves the pillows in a state of what can only be described as “couldn’t give a…”
On checking out at 11am, expect long queues of 20mins, because apparently management don’t understand their peak times and think one person on a desk is fine.
There is a lot of opportunity for improvement in management and service. If you can see past this, you might enjoy your stay.

Date of stay: April 2021
2  Thank G_Wintle
William Surya, Guest Services / Front Office at SkyCity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2021

Kia ora G_Wintle

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent stay with us.
Feedback is of upmost importance to us and it is only through such feedback that we are able to improve our service, our products and the attention to detail.
Thank you for your feedback on our location, the concierge/ valet team and the room.
However, I was most disappointed to read about your rest of your experiences and we are taking this feedback seriously. We would like to extend our apologies to the condition in which you received your sheets, the service from staff member attended your room, few follow up calls that should not happen and one receptionist during peak hours was unacceptable. Rest assured this has been addressed with the teams and my sincere apologies to you.

Having investigated each area, we have had conversation with the staff member who delivered the sheet, is currently under training and certainly one to improve. We are at a loss to understand the issue with the sheets and our Executive Housekeeper wishes to convey her apologies to you for the issues you encountered. We certainly look into a way to avoid a queue waiting.

I have every confidence in our team here at The SkyCity Hotel. We take great pride in delivering excellent customer service and I know that the team have handled the situation to their best of abilities and by way of apology offered you a special rate on your future stay. Please do not hesitate to contact myself directly at William.surya@skycity.co.nz

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2021 via mobile

My family and I usually make a trip to Auckland for a family holiday twice a year and we always stay at Sky City!
We know what kind of stay we will have there and it’s always bloody A+ service. Right down to the Mātua taking our cars. Like Luka during our most recent visit, always with a smile, nothing is out of his way.

So thanks for an awesome stay guys!

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank 211alyssam

Kia ora 211alyssam

Thank you for taking your time to provide a wonderful feedback following your recent stay.
We are honoured to have your family staying with us and thank you for choosing SkyCity Hotel.

It is fantastic to hear our staff got mentioned, Luka in particular - certainly Luka is being part of the service exemplar, the smile and we are thankful for the A+ service. We will certainly pass on this feedback for the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 April 2021

My partner and I were given a voucher for 1 night, which we used a few weeks ago. We were looking forward to a relaxing evening and ordered room service. We both started vomiting constantly 2 hours after we ate our meals which we both shared. Reception sent someone to assess our situation.
To cut a long story short, when we checked out the Duty Manager said it was our diet that was the cause of our discomfort, based on the assessment of someone who was not a doctor. Our meal trays were still in our room when we checked out.
We would have considered the matter closed had the hotel considered the possibility that our dreadful experience may be caused by their kitchen and would carry out an investigation. No apology given but we were not charged the room service.
The only positive feedback is that the room is comfortable if you have a vomiting experience.

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank Jinn88
William Surya, Guest Services / Front Office at SkyCity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2021

Kia ora Jinn88

Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback following your recent stay with us.

Feedback is of upmost importance to us and it is only through such feedback that we are able to improve our service and products.

Thank you for the positive feedback, however I was most disappointed to read about your unpleasant experiences when you stayed with us and as a management team we have discussed the area of concern, particularly with the Kitchen Management and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the room service experience situation. Rest assured this has been addressed with the teams and my sincere apologies to you.

Our kitchen management took this matter seriously with robust investigation in place, furthermore our in-room dining manager has sent the Health and Safety form that we would greatly appreciated if the form can be completed and sent back via email.

SkyCity Hotel takes pride in delivering outstanding customer service and I realise that on this occasion we failed to deliver to your expectations. We would like to welcome you back to SkyCity Hotel and ask that you contact me directly to make your next booking at william.surya@skycity.co.nz

Kind regards,