“Absolutely would do it again!”
Review of Habitat Tours

and up
Nature & Kiwi Day Tour from Auckland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Habitat Tours is a unique boutique nature focused tour company. We explore locations close to Auckland but slightly off the beaten track. Day tours from Auckland visit rainforests, stunning coastlines, black and white sandy beaches and experience New Zealand’s unique flora and wildlife (see many of New Zealand’s rare and endangered birds). Our Nature and Kiwi tour gives one of the best opportunities in the Auckland region to see kiwi, although not guaranteed we do know their habitat well and have a good success rate. Enjoy a delicious homemade picnic lunch or dinner on our full day and night tours. Small group tours (max 7) and our passionate guides ensure the best nature experience.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

HT took a colleague and I out on a day tour of Tawharanui Regional Park. We were picked up on time at our hotel in downtown Auckland. The guide was charming and knowledgeable. The tour included a lot of variety. The lunch was delicious. And we rode comfortably there and back in the company's minivan. Don't worry about the price - it's worth every penny. A+++.

Date of experience: June 2014
"forest walk"
in 3 reviews
"new zealand"
in 40 reviews
"homemade cookies and tea"
"interesting insects"
"delicious homemade food"
"kiwi spotting"
"bird watching tour"
"tour covering"
"learned lots"

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I had such a lovely time on my day tour to the Waitakeres! Every place we went was absolutely gorgeous; I don't think I could choose a favorite if I tried. The places we went were a great variety of different types of scenery, and I got to learn a ton about New Zealand plants and wild life. Tristan was such a great guide - super knowledgeable and also really laidback and easy to chat with. And he made a totally delicious lunch! One of the nicest days I spent on my trip.

Date of experience: May 2014
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my gf have been on a day tour to the waitakeres. Its been an amazing trip with a great tourguide, a delicious homemade lunch, lots of fun on the sand dunes, beautiful views on the beach and a nice walk through NZ's native bush!
Thanks Habitat Tours for this amazing experience!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

What a wonderful and full day I had hiking in the rainforest, strolling along the beach, climbing a giant sand dune and scaling along a mountain up to an amazing view. Tristan was knowledgeable, entertaining, and a gracious host. The curbside service was reassuring to someone who hasn't traveled much. The picnic lunch was delicious! I so enjoyed my tour with Habitat Tours and Tristan that I recommended it to some others who were in NZ at the same conference I was. Their experience was as wonderful as I had promised. Thanks for the best side trip I took while I was in Auckland!

Date of experience: March 2014
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The very finest day tour that we encountered during our month in New Zealand was that provided by Habitat Tours from Aukland to Tawharanui. Our guide, Pamela Cullen, had great personal experience of volunteer work with native New Zealand habitats and bird and she was extraordinarily knowledgeable and enthusiastic. We saw and identified a remarkable variety of native plant and bird life, and her commentary and explanations considerably enhanced our understanding of the complexities of this New Zealand native forest, so different from ours. The entire month that we spent in New Zealand was truly wonderful, and Habitat Tours provided a fitting conclusion to a remarkable and unforgettable experience. We recommend Habitat Tours as one of the very best New Zealand has to offer.

Date of experience: April 2014