Book In Advance
More Information

Ways to Experience Habitat Tours
from US$214.29
More Info
All reviews night tour delicious picnic picnic dinner knowledgeable guide new zealand regional park highly recommend this tour private tour native birds tawharanui tristan kiwis forest birders nature nz sightings
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I had such a lovely time on my day tour to the Waitakeres! Every place we went was absolutely gorgeous; I don't think I could choose a favorite if I tried. The places we went were a great variety of different types of scenery, and I got to learn a ton about New Zealand plants and wild life. Tristan was such a great guide - super knowledgeable and also really laidback and easy to chat with. And he made a totally delicious lunch! One of the nicest days I spent on my trip.

Date of experience: May 2014
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my gf have been on a day tour to the waitakeres. Its been an amazing trip with a great tourguide, a delicious homemade lunch, lots of fun on the sand dunes, beautiful views on the beach and a nice walk through NZ's native bush!
Thanks Habitat Tours for this amazing experience!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

What a wonderful and full day I had hiking in the rainforest, strolling along the beach, climbing a giant sand dune and scaling along a mountain up to an amazing view. Tristan was knowledgeable, entertaining, and a gracious host. The curbside service was reassuring to someone who hasn't traveled much. The picnic lunch was delicious! I so enjoyed my tour with Habitat Tours and Tristan that I recommended it to some others who were in NZ at the same conference I was. Their experience was as wonderful as I had promised. Thanks for the best side trip I took while I was in Auckland!

Date of experience: March 2014
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The very finest day tour that we encountered during our month in New Zealand was that provided by Habitat Tours from Aukland to Tawharanui. Our guide, Pamela Cullen, had great personal experience of volunteer work with native New Zealand habitats and bird and she was extraordinarily knowledgeable and enthusiastic. We saw and identified a remarkable variety of native plant and bird life, and her commentary and explanations considerably enhanced our understanding of the complexities of this New Zealand native forest, so different from ours. The entire month that we spent in New Zealand was truly wonderful, and Habitat Tours provided a fitting conclusion to a remarkable and unforgettable experience. We recommend Habitat Tours as one of the very best New Zealand has to offer.

Date of experience: April 2014
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is a fabulous tour. I did the day/ night tour. Well worth the money. Tristan is extremely knowledgeable and easy to get along with. He was able to answer all my questions. Very comfortable transport and Tristan is a careful and considerate driver. Beautiful beach - virtually empty - and views. I didn't have a swim but don't forget your swimming things in case you want to take a dip. and a great walk through the bush. The sound of all the birds was amazing. We saw several threatened species and even saw a Kiwi during the night walk which was a stroke of luck as this is certainly not guaranteed. Great, healthy home-cooked food into the bargain which we had picnic style. Again, all comforts provided in terms of chairs, rugs and tents in case of rain or wind. Altogether a lovely day. I would recommend this tour to anyone wanting to experience the nature and wildlife of the North island.

Date of experience: February 2014